Q&A post: you supply the Qs, I supply the As (that sounds weird, never mind) - everything you NEVER wanted to know about yours truly

Hey guys, so you probably remember that about a week ago I asked you all to send in questions for me to answer. And WOW you did not disappoint. I got 22 questions!!! Seriously! I thought I was going to get about ten, if I was lucky! Thank you so much for your great questions, guys! I really enjoyed answering them. Anyway, here are my answers:


From Anidori-Kiladra Talianna Isilee:

1.Favorite Color?

Well, considering I blogged under the name Indigo for nearly a year, I’ll let you guess what my favourite colour is… XP I also like purples and dark greens and blues, and I like black.


2. Chocolate Milk? Aye or Nay?

Um how about yes please?? I like anything with chocolate in it. Chocolate is awesome, okay. I read a quote that went, “Save the Earth, it’s the only planet with chocolate” and like, I 100% agree with whoever said that.


3. Favorite Food to snack on?

Is it weird that I don’t really snack that much?? Because a lot of people seem to think it is. I’m just not usually hungry between meals? But if ever am, I normally just have fruit; grapes or an apple or berries if they’re in season. If I’m REALLY hungry and dinner’s not for a while I’ll just have a small sandwich. But I only snack occasionally. That said, I eat a LOT during meals, so I guess I make up for it lol.


4. Favorite bug?

The electronic kind, the ones spies plant in your house to record your conversations without you knowing.


5. Least favorite book?

Erm?? I’m not sure I have one? I basically like all books? But a book I read recently and didn’t like was “Dead Time” by Anne Cassidy. I felt like the writing was too simple and the descriptions were frankly awful. The conversations sounded really stilted, too. And the main character was irritating and all the other characters had about as much personality as boiled potatoes. The actual storyline wasn’t bad, but the writing just completely ruined it for me.


6. Do you like to color with color pencils, crayons, or markers?

Well, I don’t really draw that much anymore (I used to draw ALL THE TIME but I guess I just grew out of it?) but whenever I do, I usually either colour in with colouring pens or pencils, depending on what I’m colouring.


7. Favorite character in your WIP?

Well, my main character is pretty cool. Her name’s Ashley and she’s super-smart but not that great at understanding other people. But I think my FAVOURITE character is Isra Soto, who’s captain of a spaceship and she is so freaking awesome asdfdjksjfh I can’t evennn. (At least I hope she will be, I haven’t actually written anything with her in it yet? I’m only on chapter two, give me a break.) She’s really hard-working and she expects her crew to work just as hard and MAN can she be tough and super-badass, but she also cares really deeply about the people around her (namely her crew) and she can always sense it if someone’s unhappy or needs help, and she’s always around when people need her. I came up with her over a year ago now (longer, actually, only she had a different name back then and lived in a different world, but was essentially the same character – it’s complicated, okay) and I’ve been looking for a story to place her in since then, and I finally found one!! Yay for me.


8. Least favorite character in your WIP?

Um… I have no idea?? The only characters I’ve come up with at the moment are the main five-ish characters, and I love them all to bits they are my BABIES even though most of them are older than me but still. Probably my least favourite characters are the parents of this character called Elia, who were leaders of a terrorist group and when she turned against them they basically tried to KILL HER and turned her into a PTSD-ridden wreck and like how could you DO that to such a PURE PRECIOUS CHILD. (She’s twenty-four by the way.) But they don’t actually feature in the novel because they’ve been dead for five years when the novel takes place, so they don’t really count as characters? IDK.


9. Do you like taking photos of yourself?

Are you asking if I like taking selfies.

The answer is yes.

I like taking selfies.

I take too many selfies.

I should take less selfies.

But selfies are awesome.

Especially with Snapchat filters.

SNAPCHAT FILTERS ARE LIFE.

Okay I’m done.


10. Favorite and Least Favorite day of the week?

‘Kay, unpopular opinions time: I don’t really like Saturdays. Why? Because I have to wake up at seven a.m. to get to pointe lessons at nine a.m., then I have to go home, I get to chill out for a while, but not for long because I can’t have lunch too late as I have to run to another ballet lesson at two p.m., then I go home… look it’s freaking exhausting okay? I’m a relaxed person. I don’t like having to run from one place to the other. And ballet is tiring. You have to spend a whole hour tensing muscles you didn’t even know you had. And using pointe shoes hurts. Ouch.

My favourite day? Umm… I don’t really have a preference? I like Tuesdays because I have karate in the evenings and yay karate. I also like Sundays because it’s usually the only day in the week I get to meet up with my friends.



From Gray Marie:

1. When did you decide to start a blog?

Well, I actually had two blogs before I started this one. I had one when I was twelve and another the year after, but I got bored of them a few months after starting them and I just deleted them. They were both about my life as a homeschooled kid, and I’d post about what I was studying at the moment and projects I’d do… yeah, I guess you can kind of tell why I got bored of them pretty darn quickly. They sucked, if I’m honest. And my writing style was all like, “Hey guys!!! I’m going to give you an update on what I’ve been studying!!! How exciting!! Isn’t this awesome?!?! Well, that was it you guys! I’m going to be posting again soon so please check back!!!” (I don’t think I had a single follower, tbh) Basically SO MUCH CRINGE. I was trying to be super-chirpy and friendly and it just sounded so fake.

It was in December last year that I found myself looking through other teenagers’ blogs and I thought, hey, I’m going to start another blog, but this one’s going to be about my life and my thoughts and feelings. So during the Christmas holidays, this lil’ ol’ blog came to life. I also realised then that a blog didn’t have to be about something; it could just be a place where you talked about what was on your mind. That was what my blog was like back then; over time it morphed into a book-review blog, then a blog where I’d post my written works, then what it is now – some sort of writers’ blog? I’m not sure how you’d class it tbh. It’s basically just writerly insanity framed by a nice-looking web page.

And there you have it, A Brief History of My Blogging Life That You Literally Never Asked For. Thank you and goodnight.


2. What is one writing piece of yours that you're the most proud of?

Oooooh…. That is a hard one. As I’ve already mentioned, I tend to feel both 50% super-proud of anything I write, and 50% like it’s not worth the paper it’s written on. I’m quite proud of this rambly piece of writing called “You Can’t Change The Past” (find it here). I wrote it on an impulse in about ten minutes. It wasn’t planned or anything, I just let the words flow out of me. I’m also quite proud of my short story “Memories” (click here) because I really put my heart and soul into it and I think it ended up being quite good… IDK.


From Esther Li:

1.favorite book/series?

OOH ANOTHER TOUGH ONE. I honestly don’t have a favourite book or series?! I LIKE TOO MANY BOOKS, OKAY. I LOVE ALL BOOKS. ALL OF THEM. TOO MANY. TOOOO MANNNYYYY –

‘Kay, now for the coherent part of this answer: I’m going to give you a short list of some of my favourite books. Note the some. These are not all my favourites. Anyway:

- Artemis Fowl series (best series everrrr)

- Ruby Redfort series (childhood (and not-so-childhood – I read the last book when it came out this year lol) favourite)

- The Hunger Games trilogy

- Legend trilogy

- The Mortal Instruments series

- Lady Midnight (it was so so good can’t wait to read the sequels!)

- Divergent (I only read the first book in the trilogy and I loved it but I never read the others? They’ve been on my TBR for about a hundred years but I never get round to it)

- His Dark Materials series (SOOO GOOOD OMGGG)

- The Secret series (other childhood favourite, such a great series)

- I Am Number Four series

And loads more that I can’t remember right now because I have a memory like a leaky sieve. Note that I didn’t include any author’s names, because I couldn’t remember who wrote all of them and it would be awkward if only some of them had author’s names.


2.favorite drink

COFFFFEEEEEE

AND TEEEAAAAA

BASICALLY ANYTHING THAT WILL MAKE ME HYPER

BECAUSE I LIKE RUINING MY OWN LIFE LIKE THAT


3.favorite app/games/websites

Well my favourite apps right now are Snapchat and Instagram, because while I might be different to other teenagers in some ways, in others I am basically a walking teenage cliché (I'm addicted to social mediaaa). I’m also currently mildly addicted to Crossy Road, which I play whenever I’m avoiding doing something important I have nothing better to do.

I feel like I should add an honorary mention for the online game Poptropica, because that game was basically my LIFE when I was younger. I’ve written a few posts on it that you can find on this blog (you can find them here). I don’t really get much of a chance to play that game anymore, though, which is sort of sad, but I guess my interests have changed.


4.do you like photography?

Not really, if I’m honest. I feel like you need too much patience to get the shot right. Pretty much all the photos I take are either blurry or the lighting’s all wrong. But I do like taking pictures when I’m visiting some place, just not too many, because I feel that if you’re taking pictures all the time you sort of don’t really enjoy being in the moment? IDK if that makes any sense.


5.least favorite holiday

Okay, I’m going to ignore the fact that that question is basically a contradiction in terms (everyone loves holidays, duh) and just come out and say that I didn’t really like this year’s summer holidays. It basically rained ALL THE TIME where I live so I was stuck indoors being bored all summer. Which sucked. A lot. Okay, so it wasn’t really that bad, but you know, I like being able to do stuff during the summer holidays? *yells at British weather* IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK, YOU MISERABLE &%$£&^%*!!!


From MiddleEarthMusician:

1. Favorite superhero?

Okay, so I’m not really a fan of superheroes? All that superpowers-and-saving-the-world-in-tight-fitting-lycra thing just never did it for me. I don’t even know why, just… no. Not my thing.

However I did totally love Lego Batman in The Lego Movie!! So is it okay if I say Lego Batman as the answer to this??? Yes? YAY! EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!! (I like that movie way too much okay? I’m not sorry. BUT I HAVEN’T YET WATCHED THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE AND I REALLY WANT TO SEE IT BECAUSE I’M SURE IT WILL BE AWESOME AND IT’S KILLING ME AND ARRGHHH.)


2. Favorite time period in history?

Ummmm… Well, when I was younger I used to like the medieval period, because, like, there were princesses and kings and queens, and I think I sort of confused medieval fantasy stories with reality. (I was so lame back then.) Then I started liking the Victorian period, because two words: SHERLOCK HOLMES. (So maybe I was a little less lame by then.) I also had a phase where I was obsessed with the Romans and the ancient Egyptians (but I’m not sure those are periods?? IDK.).

To be honest, these days reading history books just depresses me. I mean, it’s just the same thing over and over throughout history. WARS, WARS, WARS. PEOPLE KILLING OTHER PEOPLE. And the sad bit is, we’re still doing it. Isn’t humanity ever going to learn??


3. Least favorite sport?

To play, or to watch? To play, well, I’m not very sporty, so I don’t really know. To watch, I really don’t like football or rugby or any contact sport, tbh. I don’t get why everyone gets to excited about them. It’s basically just guys fighting over a ball.


4. If you could pick one outfit in the world right now to wear, what would it be?

Ummmmmmmm… To be honest, I’m really comfy right now in my hoodie and I can’t really think about wearing other clothes? (Yes, it’s the same hoodie as last week. I’m *that* person who always wears the same clothes. Hey, I’m at home, okay? I can wear what I like.) If I could pick an outfit right now… you know what, I’d just pick another hoodie and another pair of tracksuit bottoms. My life is simple, okay. Life is good.


5. If your characters (from any of your WIPs) and you were stuck in a cave together with no light, food, or water; what would happen?

Hmmm, okay, interesting question. So I was going to use the characters from my current WIP, but I just realised that I don't really know them all well enough to know how they'd react to that situation. So instead, I'm going to use the main characters from a novella I wrote last year (which I can't decide how I feel about - is it awesome or is it absolutely terrible? I have no idea). Anyway, if I was stuck with those four in a cave with no light, food or water:

- I would probably be freaking out. And being no use whatsoever. Because I'm super-scared of the dark (IT'S NOT CHILDISH OKAY, IT'S A LEGIT PHOBIA I HAVE) and every time I have no food or water with me, I immediately feel super hungry and thirsty?? Like?? Why do I do this to myself??(I wouldn't survive more than about six seconds in a book.)

- Tobias would be freaking out too, because he freaks out super-easily, but he'd be trying to hide it. He'd probably be the most help out of everyone, actually, as he always carries some kind of gadget with him, which he could use to call for help or contact the emergency services once he'd stopped panicking.

- Octavia always carries a rucksack with essentials in it, including a torch, water and food packs, so really, it wouldn't be possible that we were stuck without light, food or water, because she NEVER goes anywhere without that bag.Though I guess the supplies would run out after a while. So it could be possible. She'd be slightly stressed out, so she'd get all snappy and sarcastic and rude to everyone, which is basically her coping mechanism whenever the going gets tough. She'd be thinking logically, though, trying to come up with a way to get out of the cave, because this is the sort of situation she's trained to deal with.

- Stuart would be by himself in a corner somewhere, thinking hard about how to get out of the cave; he's used to thinking outside the box, and he can come up with ideas that the others, who are more used to following convention, can't. He'd probably be the one who'd end up figuring out a way out of the cave; it would be slightly unorthodox, but it would work.

- Eline, despite being the youngest and most sensitive, would be keeping it together the best out of all of us; she'd be trying to keep the peace between everyone (especially between Octavia and Tobias, who always end up at each others' throats whenever they're stressed out) because she knows that the best way to solve things is if we all stick together and work with each other to get the heck out of here.


Aaaand that was the last question. Again, thank you so much for sending in such great questions! I really enjoyed writing this - I might do another Q&A at some point in the future.

Hope you enjoyed this! What do you think of my answers? Tell me in the comments!

See you later,

> > > A n d r e a < < < 

Comments

  1. It was a lot of fun reading your answers!

    And your old blog sounds hilarious!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad you enjoyed!

      Arrggh it was TERRIBLE. XD I was such a weirdo when I was younger :P

      Delete
  2. Love your answers!

    *feels guilty for not doing her post yet*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you like them XD

      Lol, I hope you do it soon 'cause I'd love to read it! :D

      Delete
  3. I loved this post and reading your answers!!! XD And yes, Lego Batman counts as a superhero. *nods* ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

      Haha, yeah of course he does! He's the BEST superhero!!! XD

      Delete
  4. Umm, yes I vehemently agree with you on Snapchat filters. My favorite is the one where you have big eyes and lips, but no nose lol. I have glasses, so sometimes that particular filter glitches on me and gives hilarious results XD Though in general, Snapchat is my digital dwelling place as of now lolol

    Also, ballet AND karate? My friend, you are a very athletic person and I greatly admire that. I can't touch my toes to save my life.

    That aside, I always find it interesting to read how other people first got into blogging. That chirp and positive act was also something I tried back then. but ugh *no* it was horrible lol. About blogs and classifications, I think it's fine not worrying about what type of content you post. What's important is that you have fun! I know I do while reading through yours :D

    And yeah, Q&As are fun, and if you enjoy making them then why not? ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SNAPCHAT FILTERS ARE THE BEST. XD I like that filter too, though I think my favourite is the dog one with the long tongue :P But I like all of them to be honest!

      Haha, I can't actually touch my toes either :/ I'm not very serious about either of them, I just do it as a hobby! But I guess I am quite athletic, I like exercising :D

      I like reading about how other people started blogging too! Yeah, the important thing is that you have fun while blogging, and that you write about things that you enjoy! :)

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed reading your answers to Mem's last question. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked that answer XD

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey there, internet denizen and visitor to this blog! I hope you enjoyed reading this post, and if you did, please leave me a comment! They make my day, and I reply to every single one. If you've never commented before, don't be shy! I love making new friends. Just be kind and respectful, please. I possess the power to remove comments; don't make me use it.

Popular posts from this blog

"Not Like Other Girls" // Poetry

Indigo's Monthly Writing Challenge: November

Interview with a made-up character - NO it's not as insane as it sounds (IT'S EVEN WORSE, RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN)