Indigo's Monthly Writing Challenge: September

This is actually going to be a thing I'm so excited!!!

Hey, remember the idea I wrote about yesterday in this post? Well, a few people said they were interested so I've decided to make it into something official. Welcome to Indigo's Monthly Writing Challenge! (I'll probably give it a snappier title later on...)

The idea: at the start of every month, I come up with a theme, such as "music", "friendship", "pets", "summer". And whoever wants to participate has until the end of the month to write a short story on the theme I've chosen.

Here are the rules!


THE RULES:

- Anyone can participate!

- There aren't really any rules about what you can write, so long as it has something to do with the theme (that's the whole point of this challenge, after all). I only ask that you keep it clean (i.e. no bad swearing or any content that's unsuitable for kids, you get the idea).

- You can write as much or as little as you like; there's no word minimum or maximum.

- You don't have to take the theme completely literally; for example if the theme is "zombies", you're perfectly welcome to write about a zombie apocalypse, but you could also write about how people go about their everyday lives like zombies... think outside the box, be creative!

- Once you've finished your story, post it on your blog, and leave me a link to it in the comments below so I can check it out! (If you don't have a blog, get in touch with me in the comments and we'll sort something out.)

- When you post your story, can I ask that you mention me, Indigo, as the host of this challenge, as well as leaving a link to this blog? I'd really appreciate that. Maybe you could even encourage your readers to check out this post and take part in the challenge, that would be great. I know I don't have a huge amount of readers so I'm really relying on others advertising this for me!

- You have until the last day of the month to write your contribution and share it. On the first day of the next month I'll write a post sharing links to all the previous month's stories, as well as revealing that month's new theme.

- And above all, have fun! This isn't a competition, it's just a challenge for people who like writing stories, so enjoy!


And I think that's about it! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

So I think it's time to reveal the first theme! September's theme is...


SCHOOL


Happy writing! You have until the 30th of September to write your contributions, so there's no rush.

Edit: due to me being away at the end of this month, I'm extending the deadline until the 5th of October. I'll be posting the next theme on the 6th. 

As I mentioned before, you don't have to take the theme completely literally, I encourage you to be as creative as possible with it.

If you're stuck for ideas let me know and I'll try and help you out.

I'm going to be writing a story as well, so keep an eye out for that at some point in the next few weeks!

Have fun! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Stay awesome,

-Indigo


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah! I can't wait to see how many people sign up for it! XD

      Delete
  2. Aww, that's a FANTASTIC idea! Really! :) I'd love to do this challenge cause it seems very interesting but my blog has got different theme... and I write there about different things. If you give a theme which would be a bit connected with my blog, I'd like to write a short story!! :)
    Love,
    http://love-english-by-ann.blogspot.com/
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Thanks! :) If you want to do the challenge but you don't want to post your entry on your blog, you're very welcome to send me your story directly by email, and I'll find a way to share it!
      Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
    2. Ha ha, okay! If I find some free time, maybe I'll do it :)

      Delete
  3. Nice subject! I'm gonna go start writing! XD
    I've had a good idea for a while of something to write like that. :D Juust wait and see ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Can't wait to see what you write!! XD

      Delete
    2. Heya Indigo, I finished! :D

      http://art-of-life-girl.blogspot.com.au/2017/09/challenge-accepted.html

      Delete
    3. Hey! That's great! Thanks for taking part in this challenge! :)

      Delete
    4. No Worries! It was awesome!

      Delete
  4. Woah, I found this post a few days ago, and it sounded super fun! I cobbled up a story off the top of my head because the deadline was soooo close XD Not my best work, but I enjoyed the writing process anyway ❤

    Here's my entry: https://medleyofexperiences.blogspot.com/2017/10/oceanarium-rambling-narration-of-self.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I loved your story! Thanks for taking part in my challenge! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey there, internet denizen and visitor to this blog! I hope you enjoyed reading this post, and if you did, please leave me a comment! They make my day, and I reply to every single one. If you've never commented before, don't be shy! I love making new friends. Just be kind and respectful, please. I possess the power to remove comments; don't make me use it.

Popular posts from this blog

What I Want To Do In Life

"Not Like Other Girls" // Poetry

The Spaceships and Vampires Monthly Writing Challenge: December