Announcements + a story idea + I dyed my hair??

Heyy... time for a "life update" post, plus I've got a few announcements and stuff I want share with you guys, so let's go!

First, I mean you've all obviously noticed this by now, but I've changed my blog name and design. I just felt like it was time for a change, y'know? I've had pretty much the same blog theme since I first started off this blog back in 1856. (Okay it was like December last year but I honestly can't remember a life without this blog?? Feels like I've been blogging for several lifetimes.) Also, I sort of had to change the title, because in a few months I won't be a "Girl, 15" anymore, i.e. it's my birthday in January. (I'm going to be sixteen, HELPP.) I mean, there's still a while to go until that but I just thought I'd change it now because I felt like it, okay. And I really like my new blog look. It's... dark. LIKE ME.

Okay, another announcement is that I'm going away to visit family in Spain next Monday, and coming back the 4th of October. So obviously that means I'm not going to be online much during that time. I think I'm going to take my laptop with me, so I might have time to write a short post while I'm away, but I doubt I'll have much spare time. I'm so excited; I'm going to see one of my cousins who I literally haven't seen for six years. The last time I saw her she was three years old, now she's nearly ten. I've talked to her over Whatsapp and Skype for the past couple of years or so, but I can't wait to actually see her in real life. I'm also going to see my seven-year-old cousin who I haven't seen last year and who is one of my favourite people ever, even though he always makes me play with him when I don't want to, but I still love him to bits okay. And then there's the whole squadron of aunts and uncles (my parents both have like a gazillion siblings each). And the random people from my mum's hometown who come up to my mum and I as we're walking down the road and they say to me "wow you're so grown up now I can't believe it!!" And I'm like "okaayyy?? I don't remember seeing you before in my life, but sure?" Like, they're my mum's old friends or extended family members or something, but I haven't seen them since I was a little kid and they're basically complete strangers to me, even though they remember me. So THAT isn't awkward AT ALL. But getting to spend time with my cousins totally makes up for it.

Because I'm going to be away at the end of this month, I've decided to extend the deadline of my Monthly Writing Challenge from the 30th of September to the 5th of October. So you have a bit longer to write your entry and share it/send it to me, and also that makes my life a whole lot easier as I don't have to do anything while I'm on holiday.

I'm at a bit of a conundrum about the Monthly Writing Challenge; see, I'd thought it up as something that I'd do too, write a short story every month, but I've had an idea for a longer project, and when I get back I'm going to start working on that. So I'm not going to have time to write a short story every month, because I'm going to be caught up working on my project, and I don't have a lot of spare time to write. But if people are still interested, I'll post a theme every month anyway, even if I don't write something myself. Btw a bunch of people said they were interested, but I've only had one entry so far, and we're nearing the end of the month; how's it going for the rest of you?

"What's this great idea you've had for a longer project, Indigo?? Tell us everything, please!!" I hear you beg. Okay, okay, if you're going to be like that, I'll tell you. Ahem. Before I tell you, don't judge me please: I don't plan my longer stories out before writing them, okay? I just have an idea and I know what the beginning's going to be like and I just start writing, and as I keep writing, I have more ideas about what's going to happen next, I just go with the flow and it sort of works out for me. Then if I have to, I just edit the beginning so it makes sense. I always know what's going to happen in the next three or four chapters, and I have a vague idea of what the ending's going to be like. Trying to plan everything out just stresses me out and makes me think I'm a terrible writer and all my ideas are terrible and why do I even bother trying to write omg.

"WE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR INNER DILEMMAS, INDIGO! JUST TELL US YOUR IDEA!!" Okay, okay. Jeez. Okay, so basically, it's about this teenage girl (I don't know her name yet... I'm still trying to come up with something that suits her) from the present day (i.e. 2017) who is dying from some illness which has no cure (I haven't really done much research, have I...) and she gets cryogenically preserved, so when a cure is found, her life can be saved. So she loses consciousness, and the next thing she knows, she's awake in some strange hospital, and she's completely healthy; she's been cured. So everything's fine now, right? There's a tiny catch, though: 132 years have gone by since she was frozen. It's now 2149... and the world is unrecognisable. But of course, there's no going back; she has no choice but to get used to this wild, chaotic, colourful version of the world that has replaced the world she grew up in. (There's a lot more to it than that, but it would take way too long to explain.)

Suffice to say I've had a LOT of fun imagining what the world could be like in 2149; what society is like, what the buildings are like, what the people are like, what all the awesome gadgets are like. It's basically the world as it is now, only improved. It's not a utopia, it's not a perfect world, I don't think that's possible, but a lot of things are better than they are now. I still haven't ironed out all the details, but when I've got everything clearer, I'll write a post about it, definitely.

Another thing that's new in my life is that yesterday I lightened the ends of my hair. It was the first time I've ever done something like that. They didn't go as light as I wanted them too (you barely notice the difference in dim lighting) but it's okay. I might do it again in a few weeks, to make them go even lighter and so it's more noticeable. This is what it looks like:



You can sort of tell the endings are a different colour...? As I said, it's not very noticeable.

And that's pretty much all I wanted to say. Quick question: which name do you like more: Ashley or Winter? Those are the two names I'm doubting between to name my main character. Or do you have any other main character name ideas? I mean, whatever you guys say, I'm going to do my own thing anyway, but it's nice to know others' opinions...

Okay, then, that wraps it up.

Stay awesome,

-Indigo

Comments

  1. Winter btw thanks so much for the update

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok! And you managed to leave a comment, yayy! XD

      Delete
  2. Whoa. That new story of yours sounds very interesting, and like it'll be a good read! Good luck writing it! *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) Thanks, I'll probably need it. :P

      Delete
  3. Good Luck with your story! That's the way I write a story too, but I always get good story ideas (I think I've got 20...) and I come up with a good beginning and ending (sometimes) but I can /never/ do the middle. It drives me nuts. :|

    I like Ashley by the way. Well.. It sort of depends. Like, if the story is a bit futuristic then what I do is either go to my Dad or online name generators.

    Also, Have fun with your cousins! :D (Even though this comment is a liiitttle long... T_T Sorry about that :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll need it :P Middles drive me insane too, why are they so harrrddd to come up with? XD

      I've almost completely made up my mind that I'm calling main character Ashley, as I really like that name, but I'm still open to suggestions. I might check out an online name generator, I never thought of that before!

      Thanks!! I had a great time. And don't worry, I love getting long comments! XD

      Delete
  4. you know,your idea of the story is really similer to this chinese story I read.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey there, internet denizen and visitor to this blog! I hope you enjoyed reading this post, and if you did, please leave me a comment! They make my day, and I reply to every single one. If you've never commented before, don't be shy! I love making new friends. Just be kind and respectful, please. I possess the power to remove comments; don't make me use it.

Popular posts from this blog

What I Want To Do In Life

"Not Like Other Girls" // Poetry

The Spaceships and Vampires Monthly Writing Challenge: December