Writer's Book Tag (in which I try desperately to remember books I've read)

I HATH BEEN TAGGED

Actually I Hath Been Tagged several times in the past few weeks, but like??? I can't for the life of me remember who tagged me?? Or with what?? I keep going, "oh I'll do this later" but then I never do?? ARGH I'm so sorry guys my head has not been in the game lately, feel free to remind me to do a tag in the comments if you tagged me a billion years ago and I still haven't done it.

Anyway before we jump in, I just wanna say it was my birthday last Thursday! I'm officially sixteen now whoop. And... my life is still a mess, I'm still anxious and awkward AF and I still look thirteen. YAY. FUN. Like, when I was younger and I tried to imagine myself in the future, I always imagined by sixteen-year-old self to be... I don't know... wiser? Calmer? Just... older? Taller, definitely (I'm 5'4 so not that short but I always thought I'd grow more? I've barely grown since I was twelve what is wrong with me). An almost-adult, basically. Someone with her life sorted out.  But here I am at sixteen, and like... wow... I'm still just nothing but a weird writer child lmao.

ANYWAYS THE TAG.



I was tagged by the lovely Anidori-Kiladra Talianna Isilee (it took me a minute to write that out I kid you not) a.k.a Cecilia @ A Loooong Time Ago In a Galaxy Far Far Away. Tank choo!

LE RULES (which I'll probably end up breaking beccause #rebel):

1. Shoutout to the blogger who tagged you
2. Use the graphic
3. Tag three people


The questions:

First Draft: A book or series you’ve never read before

Um

Like

All of them

There are so many books I haven't read before?? And SO MANY that I want to read?

I really need to read books two and three in the Divergent trilogy, because I read the first book around three years ago and I loved it and I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN ROUND TO READING THE SEQUELS!!! THREE YEARS AGO!! AND I STILL HAVEN'T READ THE SEQUELS!!! Like, WHY?? I honestly have no clue. I am weird like this. Also I really want to get my hands on Lord of Shadows because I read Lady Midnight a couple of months ago and I just loved it even though it was so freaking long and I need to know what happens next. 

Second Draft: A book or series you didn’t like as much the second time you read it

Um, so like, I don't actually re-read books? I don't know... I just don't? So...
Actually, I did re-read the Septimus Heap series (I read it for the first time when I was ten, for the second time when I was twelve) and the first time I read it, WOW I WAS IN LOVE. I was OBSESSED with these books. Seriously. I thought they were AMAZING. But the second time I read them, I still enjoyed re-visiting the stories, but I realised they weren't as fantastic as I thought the first time around... I mean don't get me wrong, it's still a really really good series, I recommend it to anyone, no matter how old you are... but I just didn't love it the second time around as much as I did when I was ten.

Final Draft: A book or series you’ve liked for a really long time

Well, see above, I discovered the Septimus Heap series when I was ten and I loved it. I also read the Secret Series when I was about that age, and I still absolutely love those books! They're soooo funny but there's also so much intrigue. They're Middle Grade but I really recommend them to anyone, it's an awesome series.

Killing Off Your Characters: A book or series that made you cry

Well, I've never cried while reading a book (I'm a cyborg with no emotions, sue me) (CRYING IS FOR THE WEAK) (I'm kidding it's good to be in touch with your emotions, just, I'm really not) but I'm pretty certain my eyes pricked a little and my throat closed up while reading Champion, the last book in the Legend trilogy. I think it was with that book? And I don't quite remember why? Come on, I read that trilogy a whole year ago how am I meant to remember this. Honestly.

Plot Holes: A book or series that disappointed you

Truthfully? I found that Girl, Missing was a bit disappointing. I'd heard soooo many good things about it and so much hype, but when I finally read it... I don't know, it kind of fell a bit flat. I didn't really connect with the main character, I found a few things weren't all that believable, the writing was a bit underwhelming... I mean, the story was interesting enough, but... yeah... it wasn't as great as I thought it would be.

Writer’s Block: A book or series you never finished


When I was about eleven or twelve my mum told me I should read Jane Eyre because it was really good and I was old enough to start reading classics now etc. etc. so I picked it up, read the first three pages and went, "NOPE, this ain't for me". I guess maybe I could read it now, perhaps now I'm older I might find it more interesting or easy to read, but... y'know... I just can't be bothered...

I don't like classics ok fight me

Feedback: A book or series you’d recommend to anyone and everyone


Ummm, well there's a few... I already mentioned two series here that I'd recommend to everyone. Another series I've already recommended to few people is the Ruby Redfort series. I JUST LOVE THOSE BOOKS SO MUCH. THEY'RE SO GOOD. So I don't really remember much about the first three books (I read them when I was about 11-12, how am I meant to remember this) but I remember I was totally in love with them. I read the last three books much more recently (when I was around 14) (so two years ago, actually, and not that recently) (time slow down frick's sake) and ahhhhhhh so much love for that series! They're really interesting, like I couldn't put them down, but also so funny, and Ruby is. just. the. best. ever.

Okay, so that's that! It's taggy time.

I TAGGY:

Nabila @ Hot Town Cool Girl
Gray Marie @ Writing Is Life
Ann @ #LoveEnglish

Have fun kids, if you've already been tagged with this before then oops, sorry, ignore this.

Also if I haven't tagged you but you want to steal this, go ahead!

Well, I hope you guys enjoyed this. Have you read any of the books I've mentioned? What did you think? Let me know in the comments!

Stay awesome,

> > > Andrea < < <

Comments

  1. Thank you for tagging me! :D

    I haven't read a lot of these, wow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :)

      Haha, that's me a lot of the time XD

      Delete
  2. Lol, I started reading Jane Eyre, then put it down because I was so bored with it. I ended up finishing it because 1) I wanted to know how it finished and 2) I had nothing else to read. That is not one of my favorite books....

    Are you a cyborg with no emotions, or did you just get your tear ducts removed??

    ~Ceci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is it about so many classics that makes them so dull?? I'm pretty certain it's the language that makes them really hard to understand and boring :/

      I am a cyborg who cannot compute the emotion "sadness". I may have to download extra software in order to be able to compute it.
      XD

      Delete
  3. I don't like classics either so I don't blame you haha.😂I was also supposed to read Jane Eyre...I think for school!?? But it was awful and I hated every chapter and just skipped it lmao. OH and *hi fives* for non-book-criers! I feel like such a minority but things just don't make me tear up usually!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people don't like classics XD And urgh having to read really boring books for school is the worst, why can't we read YA instead?? Much more interesting! XD
      *High fives back* I know right? I rarely cry over anything, I swear the last time I shed a tear was when I was about ten... Like, very occasionally books make me feel teary, but I never actually cry. :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Andrea! Also yes, the Septimus Heap series is something I've read a little bit of. I've also read Legend and disagreed with some of the characters dying ;__; oh well.
    https://writtenbykanra.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I remember being rather upset about the way the Legend trilogy ended :/ (I don't quite remember what happened?? But it was sad? Yeah, my memory is awful.)

      Delete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! XD XD XD *throws confetti* *gives you cake*
    I shall have to look up some of these books! *nods* I haven't read any of them. I don't particularly like classics either. There's only about five that I've actually enjoyed. :-Z HEY, NO WAY. SOMEONE ELSE WHO DOESN'T HAVE MANY EMOTIONS. I HAVE ONLY SORT OF CRIED IN ONE BOOK and I think it was because I hadn't gotten very much sleep the past couple of nights. :-Z You and I can be cyborgs together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! You totally should check out some of the books I mentioned here, they're cool XD Yeah, I'm pretty certain that there's some childhood classics that I did enjoy? But that was a long time ago XD
      HELLO MY FELLOW CYBORG. It is nice to meet you. :)

      Delete
  6. Hey! Really nice post :)
    Thank you very, very much for tagging me!! It means a lot! ♥ I'm not really sure if I do this tag because I've been being very busy recently and maybe I won't have enough time to answer the questions, sorry :( But thanks so much! It's really kind of you ♥
    Have a lovely Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      And you're welcome :) That's alright, don't worry about it!
      Have a lovely weekend too :)

      Delete
  7. It's my birthday on Monday! I'll be 14, but haha, I'm only 5"3 so you're taller than moi. Great post! *hides because she can't talk about these books* Hint hint- I haven't read any of them except Jane Eyre. I don't mind the plots with classics, I'm just not always engaged with the writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, btw, did you see your mention in my latest post?

      Delete
    2. Ooh, happy early birthday! :D And you should totally check out some of the books I mentioned! Yeah, same - sometimes the story is really good, but the writing is so hard to follow I'm just like - nope.

      Yeah, I did see the mention, I'm sorry, I'm so behind on reading and commenting on people's posts. *hides* I also haven't done your social experiment thing yet either, I'll try and do that as soon as I can! :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks! I will. Oh, no worries! In your own time.

      Delete
  8. Oh man, I sure am late to the party! Almost two months late, in fact. A belated happy birthday to you, and next year I surely will greet you on time! ;D

    I actually haven't read the Divergent series, but I have been meaning to now for so long! I just keep putting it off, like with a lot of books really... It's definitely not a good habit. With it being a very popular YA novel though, and my pedestrian knowledge of what it's supposed to be about, I already know I'll enjoy it when I do finally pick it up!

    On the matter of classics, yeah some are quite difficult to read, especially if it's one of those old English type novels. For some reason, I simply don't have the willpower to comprehend such sentences (cough, Jane Austen). Some of the more modern classics are alright though, like George Orwell's 1984 and Golding's Lord of The Flies (which, oddly enough, has a decent sized Tumblr fandom? LOLOL) XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! Don't worry about it XD

      The first book in the Divergent series was really good imo, you should totally read it! Yeah, I keep putting things off too, it's a bad habit but it's hard to stop :/ I've been procrastinating reading the next two books in the Divergent series for about three years...

      Yeah, classics can be SO HARD to read, with all those weirdly-constructed sentences XD I definitely want to read 1984 at some point in the future, and maybe Lord of The Flies, too! I've heard a lot about them. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey there, internet denizen and visitor to this blog! I hope you enjoyed reading this post, and if you did, please leave me a comment! They make my day, and I reply to every single one. If you've never commented before, don't be shy! I love making new friends. Just be kind and respectful, please. I possess the power to remove comments; don't make me use it.

Popular posts from this blog

What I Want To Do In Life

"Not Like Other Girls" // Poetry

Interview with a made-up character - NO it's not as insane as it sounds (IT'S EVEN WORSE, RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN)