The Spaceships and Vampires Monthly Writing Challenge: January

IT'S 2018 PEOPLES!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!! *throws confetti* How has the new year been for all of you?? Better than last year? I really hope so because last year was sort of urgh.

How was your Christmas? Good I hope. Mine was alright, quiet, spent time with family and stuff, didn't do much (though somehow I didn't have time to do any of the things I wanted?? Like what is happening).

Anyway, monthly writing challenge time! (No-one noticed this is a day late, right? I was going to do it yesterday but yesterday was New Year's Day and come on who does anything on New Years Day.)
Last month's theme was "Christmas" and here are the entries I got:

- "Christmas" by Ral @ The Art of Life
- "Christmas" by David @ Safe as Kittens
- "The Day The War Stopped" by Cossette @ Random Thoughts of A Socially-Awkward Optimist

I haven't actually read two of those, because of two reasons: 1. I have had no time and 2. I am a lazy slob who has been lazing off doing anything for the past couple of weeks. -_- But I WILL! I promise!! And I'll let you know what I think.


For anyone who wants to participate this month:

The general idea of my challenge: at the start of every month, I come up with a theme, such as "music", "friendship", "pets", "summer". And whoever wants to participate has until the end of the month to write a short story on the theme I've chosen.

RULES:

      - Anyone can participate!

      - There aren't really any rules about what you can write, so long as it has something to do with the theme (that's the whole point of this challenge, after all). I only ask that you keep it clean (i.e. no bad swearing or any content that's unsuitable for kids, you get the idea).

      - You can write as much or as little as you like; there's no word minimum or maximum.

      - You don't have to take the theme completely literally; for example if the theme is "zombies", you're perfectly welcome to write about a zombie apocalypse, but you could also write about how people go about their everyday lives like zombies... think outside the box, be creative!

    - Once you've finished your story, post it on your blog, and leave me a link to it in the comments below so I can check it out! (If you don't have a blog, or you don't want to share your story on it, get in touch with me in the comments and we'll sort something out.)

    - When you post your story, can I ask that you mention me, Andrea, as the host of this challenge, as well as leaving a link to this blog? I'd really appreciate that. Maybe you could even encourage your readers to check out this post and take part in the challenge, that would be great.

    - You have until the last day of the month to write your contribution and share it. On the first day of the next month I'll write a post sharing links to all the previous month's stories, as well as revealing that month's new theme.

    - And above all, have fun! This isn't a competition, it's just a challenge for people who like writing stories, so enjoy!


Time to reveal January's theme... drumroll please...

January's theme is

SNOW


Happy writing, and I can't wait to read your entries! (This coming from the girl who hasn't even read last month's entries yet. *facepalm* I'm sorry this is the state of my life right now.)

Aaaand that's all for today. I have a post planned about what I got for Christmas, but I haven't gotten round to writing it yet (refer to previous comments about me having no TIME and being LAZY.)

Tell me, how were your holidays?? And what do you think of 2018 so far?

See you in the next one,

>>>Andrea<<<

Comments

  1. *sighs* I hope to actually do this... sometimes, hopefully this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, hey! Happy New Year! My Christmas was very good, I think. I've described everything on my blog ;) I'd really like to know what you've received for Christmas so, come on, write a post about it! ^^
    What a nice theme! I'm not sure I'll write it cause January is going to be very busy for me... But maybe I'll write something in February ;D I'll have a winter break then so maybe I'll have some time.
    2018 has just started so I don't know what to think about it because I've exeperienced nothing exciting or interesting so far XD Maybe I'll do something interesting soon. Hope 2018 will be better than 2017 and more fascinating! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Happy new year to you too! I'm glad you had a nice Christmas :) And I'll write that post as soon as I can! XD
      It would be great if you could take part in my challenge in February :D
      Haha, yeah I haven't done much this year either! Hope you have a great 2018! :)

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a fun challenge! I've had an idea for a snow-themed short story in the back of my head for a while. Maybe I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey there, internet denizen and visitor to this blog! I hope you enjoyed reading this post, and if you did, please leave me a comment! They make my day, and I reply to every single one. If you've never commented before, don't be shy! I love making new friends. Just be kind and respectful, please. I possess the power to remove comments; don't make me use it.

Popular posts from this blog

What I Want To Do In Life

"Not Like Other Girls" // Poetry

The Spaceships and Vampires Monthly Writing Challenge: December