Stuff I got for Christmas, ft. my terrible photography (I have the flu okay, stop JUDGING ME)

Hey guys... So I've noticed that a lot of people lately have been writing "what I got for Christmas" type posts, and I've decided to do the same too!! Yay!!

Just as a side note, please excuse any weirdness in this post, I have the flu and I couldn't sleep last night because I had a fever and I kept waking up alternating between being FREEZING and feeling like I was boiling to death. So that was fun. And the upshot to that is that today I feel like a barely functioning piece of shiz. But I'll try and be coherent here!! I'll try!! That counts for something, right??

Also, I noticed that most people who did posts like these put a sort of disclaimer thing, like "I'm not trying to brag etc etc", so yeah, I'm not trying to brag either. I know not everyone is lucky enough to get presents at Christmas, if you're one of those people here's a virtual hug *sends virtual hug*

Also please excuse the crappy pics, I have no photography skills whatsoever (probably the reason I'm a failure as an Instagrammer). I don't think any of them are too bad? But my vision has gone a tiny bit blurry from the fever and I can't quite tell??

(Hahahhaha you don't have to worry about me pls. I just feel like I'm dying that's all.)



First off, I got this awesome phone case! AAAAAH I love it. It's a galaxy!! I love galaxies!! Also since I write sci-fi it's only fitting I should have a phone case like this, right? I think this is my favourite present this year. I LOVE IT SOOO MUCH


 A really awesome Sherlock Holmes detective game! I was playing this basically all day on Christmas day with my parents, with was cool. The aim of the game is to go round the board collecting clues that help you solve a mystery. I think it might be a bit like Cluedo... but I've never actually played Cluedo, so I don't know... wow that is like the worst comparison ever in all history.

I've managed to win twice. I FEEL LIKE SUCH A MASTER DETECTIVE WOW. I actually solved four cases but twice my mum solved it first and got to the starting point before me, so she won.


A wallet, for me to keep my money in. MONEYYY. So I'm usually flat broke at any one time, but it's helpful to have a place to store the tiny amount of money I have... right?


Some cool notebooks that look like maps! According to my mum they're for me to use as travel diaries when we go on holiday to Paris and Amsterdam.

(Also we already booked the tickets for our holiday in June IT'S OFFICIAL I'M GOING ON HOLIDAY TO PARIS AND AMSTERDAM I'M SO EXCITEEED)



A documents box thing for me to store the printed versions of my short stories. The box I used before to store them in was super old and faded and had all these weird messages scrawled all over it by nine-year-old me?? What was going on in that child's mind, my heck. Was I even okay. I haven't really written any short stories since I started working on my writing project a few months ago, but it's good to have a place to store my old ones in that doesn't look like it's been taken from a rubbish dump.


"Satellite" by Nick Lake! I haven't started it yet, but it looks really cool; it's about a boy who has grown up on a space station. But there's something interesting about it: it's written entirely in text speech. And I have no idea how I feel about that?? For one thing, I get the feeling it's going to be really irritating to read, but then again, I like to consider myself an advocate for the unusual and original - and how much more unusual does it get than a novel written in text speech?? I'm really looking forward to starting it and finding out what I think.


"This Mortal Coil" by Emily Suvada. I read a couple of not-so-great reviews on it on Goodreads, but apparently it has deadly plagues and a dystopian-type future so how bad can it be??


 "Time Riders: The Eternal War" by Alex Scarrow. Okay, so this wasn't actually a Christmas present, but I got it for a pound at a local library book sale a couple of days before Christmas, so it sort of counts?? Apart from the cover being a little bent, it looks almost new. It's the fourth book in a series I really like, though I haven't read the third book, but it doesn't seem like I missed out on anything too important. I just finished reading it today, and it was really good! The only thing I didn't like was that it was a bit too longgg and dragged a bit by the end, but it was still a really fun read.

And it cost a quid. Me likes buying nearly new books for a quid. Me is happy. :)

I also got a Wii game from my closest friend, and some clothes from my aunt, but I forgot to take photos of them and I'm too lazy to do it now. :P

And that just about wraps it up! So now I can go and... uhh... collapse on my bed and DIE. Uuurrrghhhh why do I feel so crappyyyy. It's not NICE. GO AWAY, GERMS. WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE.

*ahem* Anyway, tell me what you got for Christmas in the comments! I'd love to know!!

Don't forget to stay awesome,

>>>Andrea<<<

Comments

  1. Sorry that you're sick!

    Your phone case is so cute, and I read Nick Lake's book Whisper to Me and his writing his beautiful, I really need to read his other works.

    Happy 2018! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really hope I get better soon!

      I know, I love it XD This is the first book by Nick Lake I've read, I might check out Whisper to Me when I finish it!

      Happy 2018 to you too :)

      Delete
  2. I hope you get better really soon though!! And ahhh those journals are GORGEOUS AND AMAZING AND I LOVE THEM. Also I do love Nick lake's books and want to read Satellite so bad but I'm also terrified because text speech is so hard to read. 😂 So I'll let you be the guinea pig and say if it works out or not.😂

    I'm glad you had a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm starting to feel a little bit better now...? A little bit...
      I know, the journals are so cool XD I can't wait to write in them! Hahaha, I've read a little bit of Satellite and the text speech isn't so bad, it feels a bit odd but it's not too hard to read :)

      Delete
  3. Great! Loved the phone case! The notebooks are gorgeous ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I'm so sorry your sick! That sounds awful! I love your case and satellite looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urgh yeah it's pretty awful :/ I haven't even gotten any better by now - but I guess I'll be fine soon (hopefully).
      Thanks! Yeah, I've started Satellite and it's really good! You should totally read it. :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my, I do hope you get well soon! Being sick is never a great feeling. Drink lots of fluids, and get your rest :)

    That aside, the Sherlock board game looks fantastic! Board games, in general, are quite fun really. I don't know why they fell out of fashion! The documents box is also a good idea I think. Keeping physical copies of your works is something I've never really considered because I always thought it to be a waste of paper lol, but the idea of having your writing all filed away in a prim little container sounds chic LOLOL. I may follow on your footsteps XD

    I didn't get much presents last Christmas, but there is this one cute keychain a friend gifted me! it's a cute little character from an anime, and I'm too scared to use it because it looks so pretty lol. Anyways, hope you had a great new year ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been taking it easy lately, it's really important to rest when you're sick. :)

      Yeah, most board games are really fun (except Monopoly, i hate Monopoly lol), I think the best part about them is that you play them with your family and friends and make memories together. Haha, yeah you should totally get a little box like mine! I think it's always good to have physical copies of your writing just in case your computer breaks down and you lose all your files XD

      Aww, that sounds cool! I never use keychains either because I'm too scared of losing them XD Hope you had a great new year too!

      Delete
  6. Aw, I hopes you get better soon! Has some virtual Cookies *Hands you cookies*

    I'm gonna have to do a post like this soon!! .D.

    Also, You got books for Christmas too!? .D. I got two, and the first one was AMAZING! (I haven't read the second one yet)

    Hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a great 2018! .D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) *Takes cookies and eats them* yum!

      Haha, I'd love to read about what you got for Christmas too! What books did you get? :)

      Hope you had a great Christmas too and happy 2018! :D

      Delete
  7. THOSE ARE AWESOME GIFTS, Andrea!!! I love the phone case, and that game!!! I believe I have played it before!!! It's awesome!!!
    Those books sound cool! *nods*
    YOU'LL HAVE TO TELL ME HOW THE PARIS AND AMSTERDAM TRIPS GO!!! THAT'S AWESOME!!!
    I hope you're feeling better!!! *hugs*
    Merry (late) Christmas and Happy (late) New Year!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, the Sherlock game is so awesome XD
      Well the trip isn't until this summer, but I'll definitely write a post about it when I get back!
      I'm feeling much better, thanks :) Hope you had a great Christmas and new year too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey there, internet denizen and visitor to this blog! I hope you enjoyed reading this post, and if you did, please leave me a comment! They make my day, and I reply to every single one. If you've never commented before, don't be shy! I love making new friends. Just be kind and respectful, please. I possess the power to remove comments; don't make me use it.

Popular posts from this blog

Indigo's Monthly Writing Challenge: November

The "Sunday Currently" + Q&A requests

What I Want To Do In Life