What I Want To Do In Life

I’ve gotten to a certain age where the question “what do I want to do with my life?” is something I’ve been asking myself (and been asked by others) a lot. And the thing is, I’m not too sure. Every time I try and think about the future and see myself as an adult, everything I see is blurry. But there is one thing that I know for certain that I want to do.

I want to write.

I want to write down every single one of the stories that live inside me, describe every single world that exists in my head, give voice to every single character that lives in my heart. I want to write page after page, pour my heart and soul and everything that makes me me into the pages of a novel. I want people from all over the world to read my stories and flock to bookstores to buy my latest book when it comes out. I want people to read my stories, to read me, because I put a little bit of myself into everything I write.

But I’ve realised that that’s not all I want.

I don’t want to be another good little author, writing cliché books everyone’s read a hundred times in a hundred different bindings. I want to be special. I want to redefine a chosen genre. I want to take clichés and rip them apart and put them back together into something new and original and beautiful. I want to write something so wild and different and crazy that everyone immediately identifies with it. I want to write something that’s unlike anything anyone’s ever read before, that goes down in history as the first of its kind. I want to be remembered as the writer who took the rulebook and tore it to shreds. The writer who sparked a revolution.

Through my writing, I want to show people that there’s more to life than the world that surrounds them. That they don’t have to accept the rules. That they don’t have to follow convention. That anyone can be whoever they want to be, regardless of race or gender or sexuality. That they can be themselves, no matter who they are. In other words, I want to give people a glimpse into the world through my eyes. I want people to read my writing and think “what if…?” I want to change people’s lives. I want to inspire people to change the world for the better.

I want to change the world through writing. That’s what I want to accomplish in my life.

I have no idea if I can do it. I have no idea if I have enough talent or tenacity or bravery or skill to accomplish it. But if there’s so much as a tiny chance that I can, I want to take that chance for all I’m worth.

And will I manage it?

I guess only time will tell.


-Indigo

Comments

  1. That's a brave and very ambitious goal. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... I'm not sure that I'll ever accomplish it, but it's what motivates me to keep writing. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey indigo... I really miss reading your stories. I haven't really had enough time to catch up on your blog lately but I just checked and I saw this post and I want you to know that I'm right behind. I'm sure you'll make a good writer in the future... What am I saying... You are already a good writer and you'll only get better. Good luck 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much!! I really appreciate that. Nice to see you around here again! :)

      Delete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful, and captures all of my values as a writer in one post! This has really motivated me, thankyou and good luck with your dream xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I'm so glad this has motivated you, good luck with your writing too!

      Delete
  4. I liked this post! XD That is a great ambition to have. Go for it! :-D
    (Oh, btw; I think my story for your contest is going to be a little late; sorry. :-Z I try and get it done as soon as possible. :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Lol, I definitely will! :D
      That's okay, I'm not too strict about deadlines :)

      Delete
  5. I really admire how you have big goals and a purpose driving you to do (and be) your best. I'm with the other people here in the comments; you'll surely get even better with your writing! Certainly, with your motivation, you'll be able to accomplish something noteworthy ^o^

    Never lose hope ❤

    (I look forward to seeing your works in bookstores ;D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That means a lot to me :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey there, internet denizen and visitor to this blog! I hope you enjoyed reading this post, and if you did, please leave me a comment! They make my day, and I reply to every single one. If you've never commented before, don't be shy! I love making new friends. Just be kind and respectful, please. I possess the power to remove comments; don't make me use it.

Popular posts from this blog

Indigo's Monthly Writing Challenge: November

"Not Like Other Girls" // Poetry