Brighton, comatose phones, insomnia and some other stuff: a post about my life

Hey there! First of all, sorry for this brief hiatus, lately I've either been a) super busy, b) feeling lazy and like I don't have the energy to do anything, or c) both at the same time. But hey, I'm back. And I'm going to write a short post about the past few days. Because I feel like it.

Sooo on Saturday my parents and I went on a day trip down to Brighton, as the weather was going to be all right-ish. We got up early and took the train out of London and down to the seaside, yaaay! We did a LOT of walking while we were there. We walked along the beach a bit. Then we walked back to the centre of Brighton and visited some shops. We walked near the beach again. Then we walked some more to the older part of the town, where we had dinner (fish and chips, it was delicious btw). I'm making it sounds really boring but honestly, it was fun, though tiring.  I would have liked to have been able to spend more time on the beach and maybe go in the sea, but it wasn't quite warm enough for that (that's British summer weather for you). At some point, after dinner, I realised my phone was dead, which was kind of worrying as I wasn't sure if it had simply run out of battery or if something worse had happened to it. So I didn't enjoy the last part of the day as much as I was slightly worried about my phone being in a coma. But all in all it was a nice day. I was SO exhausted when I got home, after plugging my comatose phone in to charge (which thankfully brought it back to life, phew) I just wanted to sleep.

But you know what happened? I got into bed and switched the lights off, and my brain went, "LOL guess what I'm about to do? I'm going to stay awake all night!!" ... I literally didn't get a wink of sleep. I was just suddenly so awake?? My brain was doing cartwheels? I started doing all this deep thinking about life and my future and who I am, I swear I figured out the MEANING OF LIFE as I lay there in bed. Which was great, but, um, I would rather have slept instead, you know? My body was EXHAUSTED but my mind just WOULDN'T SHUT UP. I also figured out the tragic backstories of a couple of characters from books I'm unlikely to ever write, and I drafted half of this post in my head, actually. After a few hours of that my brain was no longer racing, but I still couldn't get to sleep. I tried every trick in the book to make myself drop off, but nothing worked. I counted sheep. I pictured the sheep jumping one by one over a fence. I pictured the sheep flying over the fence at the speed of light. I pictured the sheep being loaded onto cannons and shot at the moon. (I have a messed-up mind, okay, don't judge me.) I tried to make my breathing deep and even as I heard that that relaxes you and makes you fall asleep, and that sort of worked, but I only slept for a few minutes at a time, and then I was wide awake again. I don't think I got any proper sleep until about six a.m. SIX A.M. That means I lay awake for SEVEN HOURS. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr it was so FRUSTRATING. I thought I was going insane I'm not even joking.

On a slightly more cheerful note, today my mum and I went to Greenwich Park, which isn't too far from where we live, to have lunch there and spend some time outside. And we saw deer!! THEY WERE SO CUTE! There's always been a deer enclosure there, and I've seen them in the distance before, but today a group of deer came really close to the fence! They were so cool. I WAS SO EXCITED. Seriously sometimes I'm like a five-year-old. Hey, you only get to be a kid once okay. ENJOY IT WHILE YOU STILL CAN.

Talking of kids, I've recently gotten addicted to Snapchat. I know, I know. Shock, horror. I'm basically like a normal teenager now. I'd always resisted getting social media as I hate following trends and doing stuff other kids my age do, but I kind of regret not getting Snapchat sooner, because it's SO COOL. I'm in love with the filters! They make me look so... weird! Cool! I actually look half-decent with them?? Without them I am unable to take a decent selfie. (...You know how the camera "likes" some people? Well, it hates me. Hates me with a passion.) If you're resisting getting Snapchat because you don't like social media, here's my advice, DON'T! You'll be pleasantly surprised.

If you're wondering when I'm going to be posting another short story here (like, because you think I'm a good writer and you like my stories? *looks hopeful*) the answer is soon. I'm currently working on a piece of writing. It'll probably be finished in a few days' time. Hopefully. I'm a ridiculously slow writer, I think it's because I want my stories to be absolutely perfect, but it means I take forever to write the shortest stories. Remember my story "Memories" (check it out if you haven't already!)? That took me about two hours, over two different days. It's like 1,000 words. Meanwhile other people write whole NOVELS in like, weeks. I'm like, HOW??

Anyway, that's it from me for today! Have you been on any interesting trips lately? Does your phone sometimes do strange things? Do you ever get insomnia? What's your opinion on social media? Do you consider yourself a fast or slow writer? Reveal all in the comments below.

Stay awesome,

-Indigo

Comments

  1. Insomnia is basically my life, which is why I do most of my school, blogging, social events, and writing at night!

    I can go both ways on writing, I wrote a 49 page novella in a month, a 86 page novella in three months, but right now since I'm busier I take longer writing! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that sucks, I hate insomnia! I'm lucky I don't suffer from it much, it's just every now and again that I can't sleep.
      Okay, so I'm DEFINITELY a slow writer. I wrote a 70-page novella in about eight months. XD It's true I don't have a lot of time to write, though? I never really write more than an hour per day. And sometimes I just don't feel inspired enough to write anything worth reading, so I might leave a project for a few days before going back to it. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey there, internet denizen and visitor to this blog! I hope you enjoyed reading this post, and if you did, please leave me a comment! They make my day, and I reply to every single one. If you've never commented before, don't be shy! I love making new friends. Just be kind and respectful, please. I possess the power to remove comments; don't make me use it.

Popular posts from this blog

"Not Like Other Girls" // Poetry

Interview with a made-up character - NO it's not as insane as it sounds (IT'S EVEN WORSE, RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN)

Indigo's Monthly Writing Challenge: November