Really Random Post - life updates, YouTube shoutouts + WIP snippets!

*jumps into view* HEY GUYS!

So.

It's been a while.

I mean, not a huge while?? Just like... three weeks?

Ok so that's a pretty big while. BUT. Hey, I'm here now, aren't I!! I'm back!! Isn't this exciting!!

Anyways, I do have an excuse for having dropped off the blogging radar for some time, or rather, I have several excuses. These are:

                          1. I have my first GCSE exams coming up in just over a week (A WEEK?!) so I've been reeeallly busy revising and finishing everything off and just basically stressing. (I mean, I'm not that stressed? But I do have LOADS I still have to revise before my exams.) Which means I have very little free time to come up with blog posts and even less time to actually WRITE the darn things. (No but seriously, how come blog posts can't just write themselves?? It would make everything so much easier.)

                         2. I've been working really hard on my WIP, and as I mentioned, I have reduced free time so I take advantage of any spare hour I can get to work on it. Look, I'm sorry, but... my WIP is more important to me than my blog? Sorry but that's just the way it is.

                        3. I HAVE NO FREAKING POST IDEAS! NONE!! The only thing I can come up with are life update posts but like, does that even interest anyone? Does that even interest me? The answer is NO. My life is booorrrriiinnnggg right now. I mean I have read some pretty awesome books recently that I might like to scream about here, but... I honestly don't have the willpower to come up with something semi-coherent?? I HAVE NO WILLPOWER FOR ANYTHING RIGHT NOW HELP


Anyway so this post is going to be pretty short and random and I'm sorry, but I'll write something better as soon as I can FREAKING COME UP WITH SOMETHING.

First off, I wanted to give a couple of shoutouts! Two of my IRL friends (YES I HAVE FRIENDS IN REAL LIFE WHY ARE YOU SO SHOCKED) started YouTube channels, and I promised I'd give them both shoutouts on here.

First up is my friend Charlotte! She's a really good friend of mine and OH MY GOD SHE'S SO CRINGY IN HER VIDEOS BUT I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM THEY'RE SO FUNNY! Go check her out!! Subscribe to her channel!


Next is my other really good friend Ennestina, with her channel Nstna's world! She hasn't posted much on her channel yet, but I know it's going to be amazing (she's so unique and creative) so GO!! AND!! SUBSCRIBE!!




And while we're on the subject of YouTube videos, I just wanna share this song that I've been listening to for a while and that I love so much:


THIS SONG IS MY JAM <--- me trying to sound cool and hip and probably failing because, like, I'm me. 

No but seriously, it makes me feel so inspired? And it's just so ME, somehow. It really speaks to me. You should check it out!

Okay, I'm going to end off with a couple of snippets from my WIP... since y'all seem to like them and I guess I owe you guys an apology for disappearing for so long and then I come back only to dump this bundle of randomness on you. So here are snippets to say sorry. I'm so nice, aren't I.

                                                                                                                   

Me the other day: I'm going to write something really deep and professional today!

*sits down at laptop*

AND THIS HAPPENED:

“I recommend this,” said Gemini, leaning over the table to point at an option labelled “Gemini’s Super-Freaking-Amazing Pancakes!!!” on the screen in front of Ashley. “They’re the pancakes made with the new recipe I came up with that I was just tellin’ you about.”

“Oh, jeez,” groaned Gene from the other end of the table, taking a sip of coffee. “Don’t tell me you talked that poor kid’s ear off about your stupid pancakes. You’ve already driven all of us crazy about it all week.”

“They are not ‘my stupid pancakes’,” said Gemini indignantly. “They are works of pure genius. Calling them ‘my stupid pancakes’, is like, sacrilege.

Gene rolled his eyes. “Whatever. My point is, you don’t have to tell every single person you lay eyes on about it.”


“I know, I know. But sometimes I just can’t help talking, y’know what I mean? It’s not even my fault.” She turned back to Ashley, jabbing a finger at the screen in front of her. “So d’you wanna try ‘em?”


....

Very professional, clearly.

                                                                                                                                      

Ok something a bit more serious:



“One of the best things about living up here,” said Elia, coming up behind Ashley. “It’s seeing a view like that out of every window.”

Ashley pressed her hands against the window, unable to tear her eyes away from the spectacular beauty on the other side of the glass. It was silly, she knew, it was ridiculous after everything she’d been through, but seeing a view like this made her heart lift. She felt like she was the one who has flying, like she was floating through the atmosphere all by herself, like she was free.

“I fell in love with it the moment I first saw it,” said Elia, reminding Ashley that she wasn’t actually alone. “It was one of the few good things in my life when I first came here. Those were dark days… but this view somehow made everything better. It gave me hope.”

They stood in silence for a while, watching the colourful clouds sail by past the window. Ashley felt like she could stay here forever.

“Listen,” said Elia quietly. “I know what it’s like to feel like you’re completely alone. Like you can’t trust anyone, like… like you’re all by yourself in a hostile world.” She gave a sad laugh. “I’m not going to try and make you talk to me, or say things to try to make you feel better, because I know none of it’s going to work. I just… I want you to know that I understand. And if you do want to talk to someone, well… I’m right here.”

Ashley slowly half-turned to look at her, feeling a strange tightness in her throat. Elia was just standing there, arms loosely folded, warm blue eyes fixed on Ashley, a small, sad smile on her face. She wasn’t trying to cheer Ashley up, or trying to tell her that things weren’t actually that bad and that she didn’t have to worry about anything, or trying to persuade Ashley to accept her help. She was just there, quietly offering her support



Ashley hadn’t realised how much she’d needed someone like this these past few days. She was suddenly so overcome with gratitude towards this quiet, unassuming young woman that her eyes pricked with tears. She bit her lip and dropped her gaze down to the floor, wishing she knew what to say in response.


                                                                                                      

I LOVE ELIA SO MUCH AAAHHH SHE'S SUCH A SWEETIE DID I MENTION I LOVE HER


Anyway I have to go now, let me know what you thought about the snippets! And what you thought about my friends' YouTube channels! And other random stuff you might want to tell me!

Andrea out.

*runs dramatically away into the night*

Comments

  1. Both of those snippets were AH-MA-ZING! Gemini reminds me a bit of my little sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THE SNIPPETS!!!! I can relate to life being busy. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Yeah, life is so busy rn 🙈

      Delete
  3. AH!!! I loved the snippets!!! And I totally get you: life is crazy for me as well right now. I will watch the YouTube videos as soon as I can!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yeah, life can get so crazy sometimes 😂 Cool! 😊

      Delete
  4. I looooved both snippets! Especially the pancake one xDDDDD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pannncaaaaakes XD
    (I'm hungry now, lol.)
    Also, trust me, the life updates are interesting. They make me smile every time :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps are you still doing the monthly challenges OwO

      Delete
    2. Lol, I guess that means I did my job well as a writer! 😂😂
      Aww, that's so sweet of you 😊 I'll probably be doing a life update as soon as I have time!
      And no, I stopped hosting the monthly writing challenge a few months ago, sorry 😔

      Delete
  6. You posted! Yay! Great snippets. I really love that song, btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I did, yayy! (I posted this last week actually, did you just get a notification now? I think my blog's been doing strange things lately 😬) I'm glad you liked the snippets! And yeah, that song is really good isn't it? 😊

      Delete
  7. First I love life update posts just fyi. Second HOW ARE YOU SO GOOD AT THIS WRITING THING TELL ME ALL OF THE SECRETS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know! I never know if people are actually interested in reading about my life lol 😂
      And awww, thank you!! Idk, I guess just write a lot and get lots of practice writing? That's all I can come up with. 😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey there, internet denizen and visitor to this blog! I hope you enjoyed reading this post, and if you did, please leave me a comment! They make my day, and I reply to every single one. If you've never commented before, don't be shy! I love making new friends. Just be kind and respectful, please. I possess the power to remove comments; don't make me use it.

Popular posts from this blog

"Not Like Other Girls" // Poetry

Indigo's Monthly Writing Challenge: November

Interview with a made-up character - NO it's not as insane as it sounds (IT'S EVEN WORSE, RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN)