The Spaceships and Vampires Monthly Writing Challenge: December

YES I changed the name of my monthly writing challenge because I'm awesome and I wanted to and I'm not blogging under Indigo anymore, so I sort of had to. I wanted to make it the same as my blog's title but my blog's title is way too long and it would sound awful and WHY DO I ALWAYS HAVE TO PICK BLOG TITLES THAT ARE SO FREAKING LONG GOSH DARN IT -

Anyway! Welcome to December!! Is anyone else in shock over the fact that IT IS ALREADY DECEMBER and that means that in a month's time it'll be 2018?? Like???? Where has this year gone??? (I think I moan about time going too quickly at the start of every Monthly Writing Challenge post, lol. I'm sorry, but every time a month passes I realise how freaking quickly this year is flying by and it makes me go nuts.) ACTUALLY I'm lying haha it's not December for me yet at the time of writing this; in a surprising turn of events I'm actually being organised for once and writing this up a couple of days before it's due to be published. Like, wow. Who am I, what have I done to the real Andrea. I demand that you return her asap.

OKAY MOVING ON TO WHAT THIS POST IS MEANT  TO BE ABOUT. i.e. the Monthly Writing Challenge! Like the previous couple of months, I got two entries on the November theme, which was "colours". Here they are:

-  "Colours" by David @ Safe As Kittens
-  "Powders" by Cossette @ Random Thoughts of A Socially-Awkward Optimist

Be sure to check them out!

I'm pretty certain a couple of other bloggers were working on entries for November, if you are and you haven't had time to finish it in time (because of NaNo or whatever), don't worry! Just share it and send me the link anyway, and I'll add your entry into the January Monthly Writing Challenge post. I'm not too fussed with deadlines; this is just a bit of fun after all.

If anyone wants to participate this month, here are the rules:


      - Anyone can participate!

      - There aren't really any rules about what you can write, so long as it has something to do with the theme (that's the whole point of this challenge, after all). I only ask that you keep it clean (i.e. no bad swearing or any content that's unsuitable for kids, you get the idea).

      - You can write as much or as little as you like; there's no word minimum or maximum.

      - You don't have to take the theme completely literally; for example if the theme is "zombies", you're perfectly welcome to write about a zombie apocalypse, but you could also write about how people go about their everyday lives like zombies... think outside the box, be creative!

    - Once you've finished your story, post it on your blog, and leave me a link to it in the comments below so I can check it out! (If you don't have a blog, or you don't want to share your story on it, get in touch with me in the comments and we'll sort something out.)

    - When you post your story, can I ask that you mention me, Andrea, as the host of this challenge, as well as leaving a link to this blog? I'd really appreciate that. Maybe you could even encourage your readers to check out this post and take part in the challenge, that would be great.

    - You have until the last day of the month to write your contribution and share it. On the first day of the next month I'll write a post sharing links to all the previous month's stories, as well as revealing that month's new theme.

    - And above all, have fun! This isn't a competition, it's just a challenge for people who like writing stories, so enjoy!


The theme for December is...


CHRISTMAS


I BET YOU ARE ALL SO SURPRISED RIGHT NOW. Because it wasn't obvious AT ALL that the December theme would have something to do with the holiday season.

Happy writing! The deadline is on the 31st of December, but as I've already said, I'm not overly fussed about deadlines so I'll still accept your entry even if it's a little late.

How has November been for you all?? Anything interesting happen? Something interesting that happened to me this month was that I took part in my first karate competition last Sunday, and I won two medals!! I got third place in one category (which I TOTALLY didn't expect, I was SO PROUD OF MYSELF) and second place in another (though there were only three competitors in that category so we were all guaranteed a medal, lol). I'm really happy with my results *does awkward happy dance* *realises everyone is staring at me* *glares and keeps dancing because I don't care what others think* Anyway, tell me a highlight that happened to you last month down in the comments!

Bye for now,

>>> A n d r e a <<< 


Comments

  1. DUDEEE, HOW IS IT ALREADY DECEMBER?!? HOW IS THAT OKAY?!?!?

    I hope to do this challenge this time, but I say that every month and then my crazy life drags me away, so we'll see! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT?!?! It's not okay!! Time is going too fast! *hides away*

      Haha, it'd be great if you could do the challenge, but I know how hard it can be to find spare time! My life's been pretty crazy lately too... :)

      Delete
  2. List of things that happened in November:

    1. NaNoWrimo

    aand that is all. BECAUSE NANOfreakingWRIMO + I think I killed my brain. Just maybe?
    but also I am still in love with my story SO THAT IS PRETTY MUCH AMAZING.

    I'll try to actually do this challenge but we'll have to see I guess ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol XD I know a lot of people's lives have been taken over by NaNoWriMo this past month XD I didn't do it myself, but I have been working hard on my WIP and I'm starting to feel like my brain is dying too :P why is writing so harrrddd

      But it's great that your story turned out well! I'd love to read it someday :)

      Delete
    2. RIGHT??? writing is sooooo haarrrrd *wails some more*

      Oh don't tell me you want to read something of mine or I will force you into being a beta reader!! unless of course, you WANT to in which case GO RIGHT AHEAD.

      Delete
    3. You'd think writing is easy, right? It's just putting words on a page and telling a story. But OH NO. IT'S NOT EASY AT ALL. XD

      I wouldn't mind being a beta reader, if you need one! :P

      Delete
  3. Awesome challenge! I'll totally try to enter if I have time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'd love to see what you write! :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen a challenge like this in ages! I wish I had time to write, but work gets in the way so bad (I still have a Christmas story from three years ago waiting to be finished).

    x Envy
    Lost in Translation

    PS. Love your blog's name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's sad, yeah it can be so hard to find time to do stuff sometimes :/

      Thanks! I'm glad you like it. And thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  5. LOLOL I also tend to procrastinate my posts, so writing one in advance makes me feel responsible. It's euphoric XD

    And also, congratulations on winning medals! It's great that you were able to participate in a competition as well, and perhaps someday you could attend more! How was it like there? Was it really tense and competitive?

    As for last month... Well, the only noteworthy thing that happened is that I started beauty school lol. I'm learning how to cut hair and stuff, so it's pretty fun! I'm the youngest student though, so there's that. Nothing special, but that's pretty much how my November went ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I'm definitely going to attend more competitions in the future! It wasn't really that tense or competitive because it was only a small competition with my club and a few other clubs from the area, so it was quite a friendly competition. We were all cheering each other on, which was nice!

      Beauty school sounds fun! I'd love to learn how to cut hair, especially my own, so I wouldn't have to spend money at the hairdressers' XD

      Delete
    2. Hello, belated Merry Christmas/happy holidays and a happy new year to you! Hope you've been having fun ❤ Here's my entry for the December writing challenge hhhhh I'm totally late, super sorry! https://medleyofexperiences.blogspot.com/2018/01/the-day-war-stopped-short-story.html

      Delete
    3. Thanks! Hope you've had a great holiday, and a good start into the new year!
      Thanks for the entry, I'm running late this month too so don't worry lol XD I'll check it out as soon as I can! :)

      Delete
  6. Sorry about my incredibly late entry!!! :-Z I have it partially done. It should be posted on my blog around the new year. That's awesome about your Karate competition! *applauds* Congrats! Something fun I did this last month was taking part in a Kung Fu Show. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, that's ok! XD I can't wait to read it when you post it.
      Thanks! And a Kung Fu show sounds really cool. :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey there, internet denizen and visitor to this blog! I hope you enjoyed reading this post, and if you did, please leave me a comment! They make my day, and I reply to every single one. If you've never commented before, don't be shy! I love making new friends. Just be kind and respectful, please. I possess the power to remove comments; don't make me use it.

Popular posts from this blog

What I Want To Do In Life

"Not Like Other Girls" // Poetry

Indigo's Monthly Writing Challenge: November