Playing Poptropica: Astro-Knights Island, part one

Hey guys, how's it going? I'm fine, thanks for asking. Well, a little depressed because it's May and I had to wear my coat earlier and we practically haven't seen the sun in a week - hey, weather, didn't you hear?! IT'S MAY, IT'S MEANT TO BE SUNNY AND WARM! Anyway -

If I start blogging about my life this is going to get super depressing because virtually the only good thing that has happened all week is that I bumped into an old friend yesterday, which was kind of cool and unexpected, and that I met up with a friend today and that was quite fun. Aside from that, my life has been an endless whirlpool of studying and, well, more studying...

Okay, there are three pigeons sitting on my garden fence and I swear to God they have been there since this morning. There were three pigeons sitting there while I was studying. And now they're back. Like, what the heck are they even doing. They keep flying off and coming back and just sitting there and kind of looking at each other. Oh hell. Maybe they're pigeon spies?! ... They're actually gone now. But they'll be back, I'm pretty sure.

Okay, so what I'm going to be doing today is playing one of my old favourite games, Poptropica. It's a game where you have to go around investigating and solving puzzles; there are different islands, each with a different quest to solve. I've been playing it since I was around seven - it was the first computer game I ever played. What I'm going to do is re-play one of the quests and simultaneously blog about it. Why? I thought it was a good idea, okay? (I'm probably gonna regret it later.)

First, let me introduce you to my Poptropican alter-ego, Maroon Popper. (The name gets chosen for you when you create an account.) Maroon Popper has been in existence since November 2009 and we have been though a lot together, solving quests... ahem. She also looks awesome:


The island I'm going to be replaying is called Astro-Knights Island. It's one of the oldest islands in the game, and I've started replaying it a few times but I've only finished it I think once, because some of the battles you  have to pass at the end are super-hard and I normally give up. But not this time. I will not be defeated this time...

Okay let me just get to the island. I'll hop onto my hot-air balloon... (you go everywhere by balloon on this game.)

Made it! 

A sign tells me I'm somewhere called Arturus. There seems to be something burning on the ground. Suspicious. 

I click on a guy standing nearby and he says, "the kingdom has been attacked!" ... Like, that's it. No actual explanation.

There's a building called the House of Mordred nearby, and I enter. Next to the door is a guy who says this: 


Rude.

However, he does give me a pamphlet that explains a bit about this so-called Mordred. Apparently, he brought technology to a medieval village. Ohhh-kay...

The rude door guy doesn't let me investigate the museum without paying a gold coin, so I leave. I jump into a fountain (you can do that kinda thing on Poptropica) and oh hey, what's this? A gold coin! Wow, that was lucky. 

I go back to the museum and give the guy the coin I found, and he lets me enter. There's not really much to do here... it's just someone's house. A medieval house, only there's a computer. I think there's something you have to do here later on, but nothing to do yet, so I exit. 

I enter the next building along is a planetarium, with a monk person inside it who looks super out of place. 


He tells me, with that depressed look on his face, that nothing works in the planetarium because there's no power. How terribly sad. The only thing that works is the telescope, and I get to look thought it but there's nothing much to see, just a few planets.

I leave the place and keep going right, passing a few villagers who all say ominous-sounding stuff like "this place isn't safe anymore" and "we were attacked by people who came from the sky". I get to the keep on going and - gasp! There's a crashed spaceship!


Like what the actual hell.

I get to the palace, and some lady standing in front of its doors tells me that "the princess has been kidnapped". Shock, horror. I enter the castle, hoping to get some answers for heaven's sake.

I go inside the castle library, and pick up two books. One of them is called The Life of Mordred: A Cautionary Tale. I'm just gonna post screenshots of it: 



So, that's the story of the famous Mordred. But it still doesn't explain what the hell has happened around here, so I leave the library. 

I enter another room, which looks like someone's bedroom, and a lady tells me that the princess was kidnapped and it might have been her fault. She says that the princess was giving her messages to pass along to a secret society. Interesting, but it still doesn't help me much. Why is everyone so damn unhelpful around this place, jeez. 

I go into the throne room, and I meet the king and queen, where they kind of explain things. Apparently some attackers came from the sky in spaceships and kidnapped the princess. They ask me to help bring her back. Sigh. It always has to be me who helps people, doesn't it? Apparently some knights set out to find her, but they haven't come back.

So - now, to find the princess. Um. What do I do?

Okay, sorry guys but this is all I have time for today. I might post part 2 of this at some point - when I next have time to play Poptropica. If you'd like to play Poptropica yourself you can find the website here

Hope you enjoyed this...? If you did, and would like to read a part 2 then please let me know in the comments.

Stay awesome!

-IndigoSky and Maroon Popper


Comments

  1. Haha, this was cool I enjoyed this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it, I might do another post like this soon ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey there, internet denizen and visitor to this blog! I hope you enjoyed reading this post, and if you did, please leave me a comment! They make my day, and I reply to every single one. If you've never commented before, don't be shy! I love making new friends. Just be kind and respectful, please. I possess the power to remove comments; don't make me use it.

Popular posts from this blog

Indigo's Monthly Writing Challenge: November

What I Want To Do In Life

"Not Like Other Girls" // Poetry