Game review: Poptropica Worlds

So if you're wondering why I haven't really posted anything here in a while it's because my vertigo has made a comeback and I've been feeling really, really awful all this past week. I've basically spent four days being unable to do anything but sit around feeling miserable because doing anything else makes me feel dizzy. Like walking, for example. Why, body, why. Why do you do this to me. But anyway, I'm feeling slightly better right now and I thought I'd write a post on here just to give myself something to do.

I don't usually write game reviews on here but today I'm going to be reviewing "Poptropica Worlds"! Poptropica Worlds is a new version of the game "Poptropica" which I've already talked about a bit in this post and this one. I won't go into details but I've basically been playing this game since I was about seven and I still love it - though I kind of lost interest over the past year because the game wasn't updated in ages, since the creators were busy working on this new, improved version of Poptropica. And finally, after a super-long wait the new Poptropica came out a few days ago! So without further ado lets get into the review! Hey that rhymed!! Cool!! (I'm ill don't judge me.)

I was able to transfer my account details from the original Poptropica to Poptropica Worlds, but I wasn't able to keep my look, which was quite annoying. This is what my new poptropican looks like:

The old Maroon Popper

The new Maroon Popper

... Yeah, they don't really look anything alike. The customising feature isn't that great yet, but I guess it will be updated in time. 

I'm still kinda getting used to the new graphics and controls, I find that they're a bit harder to use than in the old version. See, in the old version you moved your character around using a little arrow, and the arrow went blue or green or yellow depending if you wanted to jump or duck down or just walk or run. In the new game you only get a cursor, no arrows. I realise this probably makes zero sense to anyone who has never played the game but lets just say that I've had a few hilarious moments that involved falling off the same roof five times in a row.

Something else that's new is that to talk to people, sometimes all you have to do is click on them, but sometimes you have to click on them and then click the little speech bubble that appears over them, in order to start a conversation. This didn't happen in the old version. It took me about five minutes of clicking on random people and wondering "why don't they say anything??" for me to realise I have to click the blimmin' speech bubble. Yeah, you'd better believe it; I am a genius. 

Something else in the new version that didn't exist in the old version is the fact that you have your very own house on Home Island. This is mine: 

Home sweet home... I'm not sure why there's a random person standing outside my front door, though. Suspicious.


So far, I haven't had a chance to customise the place, all I've done is put some really garish wallpaper on the walls:


There are loads of doors in my house that I can't open, I'm not sure what they're for.

Knock, knock... anyone in there?

Moving on from the house, there's also a wheel on Home Island that you can spin once a day to get prizes. It's guarded by a really weird-looking pirate guy. 


And... that's basically all there is on Home Island. Not much, but I guess the game will be updated soon. The game came out three days ago after all.

So I guess this is the end of my review! I was thinking of reviewing the island quest that came out when the game was launched, Crisis Caverns Island, as well in this post but I don't have the time now and I really want to publish this (it's been in draft mode of a couple of days already). But I will be writing a review on Crisis Caverns over the next few days, so stay tuned for more Poptropica-related reviews on here!

Hope you enjoyed this..? If you did, leave comments, they're always appreciated!

Stay awesome,

-IndigoSky 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indigo's Monthly Writing Challenge: November

What I Want To Do In Life

"Not Like Other Girls" // Poetry