i react to my very first blog posts

I felt like a bit of nostalgia the other day so I opened up the Word document where I copy-pasted my earliest blog posts (I deleted the actual posts off this site lmaoo, I don't need anyone stumbling across that cRINGE) and oh my GOD, I simultaneously laughed so hard I cried and felt more embarrassed than I ever have in my life as I read them 😭😭 I can't believe I actually thought I was a TaLeNtEd BlOgGeR back then and was confused why I didn't have any followers, my posts were so baaaddd 😭😭

So here's my reaction to my very first blog posts! My reactions are written in blue. I don't know the exact dates of each post but I know the majority are from the last week of 2016 (I posted every day because apparently fourteen-year-old me didn't know the difference between a blog and a personal diary sfhjshfjs oops).

Anyways, enjoy the cringe 😃


Hello and Welcome To My New Blog Solid title I guess

Hey there! Hello!

Welcome to my new blog.

Not entirely sure what it's going to be about. Um. Maybe you should’ve thought of that before starting it? Just a thought. Guess I'll just use it to write down things that happen in my less-than-interesting life why you roasting yourself dude and the deep dark thoughts ooOOoo that go through 15-year-old mind I really thought I was so fucking edgy sdkshjs, also I wasn’t even actually fifteen my birthday was a few weeks away and to rant about the unfairness of life deep, and why do people sometimes do dumb irrational things like playing loud music that is annoying and not saying thank you when you help them out idk it’s called social anxiety Karen and not replying to my texts when it's something important damn bitch go off. I'll probably throw in some book and movie reviews, too yeah I didn’t do that. I love reading and creative writing is my absolute life. That is… so dry, you could’ve done better smol Andrea

Well, we'll see where this goes. It'll be a journey, I guess. Valid I suppose – and it has been a journey!! I can’t believe I’ve had this blog for three and a half years now, it’s crazyyyy

See you later Bye

-IndigoSky Why did I pick the name IndigoSky?? Doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue or even go with my attempted aesthetic of “tough and edgy”, couldn’t I have used an actual name?? I remember wanting to stay anonymous online, but did I really think some internet creeper could track me if I used just my first name?? Or any other random first name?? I’M CONFUSED



Slippers, Wiis and writer's block that’s random

Nothing interesting happened today why you trying to write about it then, other than that my dad and I went to a shop to change a gift we got my mum for Christmas fascinating, a pair of slippers, that were too small for her, for a pair that were her size, only they didn't have the right size at the shop, so we didn't change the slippers in the end, so it was all a complete waste of time WOW DOING ME A FASCINATE SMOL ANDREA, WELL DONE FOR BEING BRAIN-NUMBINGLY DULL. Then when we came home my dad and I went on the Wii okay. My dad bought our Wii off Ebay about a couple of months ago, for £15 this is so boring I’m going to cry. I know, so cheap. And it actually works!! NO SHIT So I'm on the Wii all the time now, and all my friends are like, oh, I used to go on that when I was younger, and I'm like... well, I go on it now, ok? You’re fourteen and a loser just deal with it, you get way cooler as you grow older I promise

I was trying to write until a while ago ngl that’s a huge ass mood. I'm working on a really long creative writing project and I'm ALMOST at the end... but I'm suffering from total writer's block, I have no idea how to bring it to a close I ended up finishing that but it was utter trash, we don’t talk about it. Also it doesn't help that I have a new laptop because my old one was rubbish, and don't get me wrong I love my new laptop I’m still using it now!, it's about a million times faster than my old one, but I'm still getting used to the keyboard and I keep making all these really annoying typos that really ain’t the keyboard’s fault tho. I guess I should just take a break and get back to my story in the new year. Solid plan.

Well I've got to go and have dinner now, fascinating, also why the comma instead of a full stop

Thanks for listening to my rant, until next time, more commas, WHY

-IndigoSky I hate this stupid pen name IT’S NOT A NAME



Today's events and some stuff about cinemas “some stuff” great

Not sure what to write about then don’t write jesus. Nothing much happened today dude you know you can write about something other than “what happened today”?? This is a blog not a journal??. I went round a friend's house in the afternoon and we played some games together aww. Her little sister played with us and at some point she started laughing for no apparent reason, and kept laughing for about ten minutes straight I don’t even remember this smh. Other than that, nothing really interesting happened. I'm a little tired cause last night it took me forever to get to sleep.

I think tomorrow my parents and I are going to go and see the new Harry Potter film, Fantastic Beasts or whatever it's called. We haven't booked tickets, though, so we'll see I’m bored. If we do end up seeing it, I guess I can write a review here about it? Dude why you asking it’s your blog just do it, also I don’t think I did this in the end

I've only been to the cinema like once, last year, to see the new Star Wars movie. Everyone kept saying how good it was, but to be honest I didn't think it was so great this is so dull. I don't really remember what it was about THIS WAS A YEAR AGO AT THE TIME HOW DO YOU NOT REMEMBER but I remember thinking that it was really similar to the first Star Wars movie (wait, it's actually the fourth, isn't it?), pretty much a copy except there were different characters, and I thought it wasn't that good no comment since I remember fuckall about that movie. It also didn't help that the cinema we went to wasn't too great; it was small and the floor was all sticky and then there was this drunk guy in the row in front of us who kept getting up and leaving his seat and then coming back, loads of times brilliant but how is this relevant to anything. So hopefully my next cinema experience will be better than the last one. Hopefully

I'm tired. Going to find something else to do now. That’s such a dull way to end a post

See you later, if I was a reader of this blog there probably wouldn’t be a later tbh

-IndigoSky



Day out in central London (expect a rant about tourists)

Today my parents and I went to the Odeon Cinema at Leicester Square to watch Fantastic Beasts yay. The day didn't start that well. My mum went to the station before me and my dad to top up her oyster card and the train came and she thought that my dad and I had already gotten on it, so she got on. But we hadn't, we showed up a little later, missing the train, and we had no idea where my mum had gotten to am I really tired today or are those the most confusing pair of sentences in existence?. We got on the next train. We tried calling her but she'd left her phone at home. Seriously who leaves their phone at home these days?? People who don’t have a screen addiction like you My parents are lovely but they're so useless when it comes to technology DAMN WHY YOU ROASTING YOUR PARENTS THEY’VE DONE NOTHING??? BY GOD I WAS A BRAT --. Anyway I was really worried cause I didn't know what had happened to her, but she called my dad from a public phone while we were on the train to tell us she was at Charing Cross station. So it was all fine and we met at Charing Cross and then we practically had to run to the cinema because we were running late and the film was about to start yawn.

The actual film was quite good. I would write a review on it but I'm can't be bothered right now, heh see? I promised to write reviews but never did because I was lazy. I'll just say the special effects were good and the story was quite interesting, though to be honest I missed some bits and I got a bit confused that really doesn’t tell us anything about the film. Cause I barely go to the cinema, whenever I do I pay more attention to the fact that I'm in a cinema than to the actual film lmaoo. The cinema was quite nice, SO much better than the one we went to last year, but I guess it's normal since it's a cinema in central London, the one we went to last year was somewhere near where I live. The seats were super comfy. The way I spend more time reviewing the cinema than the actual movie WHY WAS I LIKE THIS

After the movie we went to Costa for lunch since it was like, 4pm and we hadn't had lunch yet. Then we went for a walk around the area, seeing the Christmas lights, but it was so packed with tourists we didn't really walk much. Seriously, why do tourists have to be so... annoying? Idk why do YOU have to be so annoying They just stop in the middle of the street to take photos of, like, pigeons or something, and you just bump into them go off bitch, tbh tourists can be pretty irritating. Today, about five different people just suddenly stopped in front of me, and I had to swerve around them or I would have walked straight into them. Sigh. I hate crowds, too. They make me feel claustrophobic. So we walked for a bit then took the train home. Wow much interest

Anyways that's it for today, so abrupt tho??

-IndigoSky



Last post of 2016 - see you next year bye

Less than six hours left until 2017 *sigh* this was a simpler time… - I actually can't believe it. The year has gone so fast and they only gonna go faster as you get older bitch get used to it. Not that this year has been so great. Two of my grandparents passed away this year wow that was direct. A few distant family members I didn't really know also passed away. Also my mum hasn't been feeling great lately, nothing serious, she just isn't very well wow so much information there. Sigh. Hopefully 2017 will be a lot better than 2016, I'm pretty convinced it will be I say that every year lol. Tbh 2017 wasn’t so bad, pretty meh but still better than the shitshow that was 2016. Still - even though I always look forward to the new year I'm always kinda sad to see the old year go are you 80. Anyway.

In other news, the landlord came to our house this morning to fix the shower as it hadn't been working properly for a few days. So now I can take proper showers again, yay! god the STRUGGLE that thing breaks down pretty much once a year Nothing else really happened today, later on we'll have New Year's Eve dinner and then we'll stay up until midnight to say hello to the new year. snoozeville I always feel so tired waiting for midnight, though - my usual bedtime is at around 10.30. Last year I nearly fell asleep on the sofa. Damn I was even more of a grandma then than I am now

Well, that's it, last post of the year. Why are you making such a big deal about this you’ve been blogging for one (1) week Happy New Year to everyone!

See you next year, I had zero followers 

-IndigoSky


Welcome to 2017, so far it's been really rainy lmaooo

So, it's the new year no shit sherlock. Hope it got off to a good start for everyone. I've been really sleepy all today because last night I stayed up until about 1am and this morning I didn't wake up at 11am as predicted, but at around 8.30 that sucks dude. I wanted to get some more sleep but my brain was all awake and I couldn't get back to sleep again it do be like that sometimes. My dad made pancakes for breakfast. It's a type of tradition in my family that every year on New Year's Day my dad makes pancakes ??? this “tradition” lasted a grand total of two years, we don’t do that anymore. We took it easy; I spent most of the morning reading. Then in the afternoon we had to leave cause we'd agreed to meet friends at a café I really don’t remember this. We were going to go for a walk around Greenwich Park and then go to the cafe, which is nearby, this whole paragraph is the driest and most boring thing I’ve ever read but it was absolutely chucking it down with rain so we decided to just straight to the cafe cause no-one wanted to walk. Fair enough

So that was the first day of the new year for me. To be honest I've spent all day feeling really sleepy because of last night. And the weather's been really rubbish, raining all day. It’s January what did you expect tho

Oh yeah, later on the new episode of Sherlock is on wait episodes of Sherlock came out in 2017??? Since when??? I do not remember this??? I really be losing it huh??? Yay. I've been looking forwards to it for a while. Damn, that means I'm not going to be able to get to bed until like 10pm since that's when it finishes. Oh well. Indeed.

Later,

-IndigoSky



New year's resolutions

So I've only come up with some new year's resolutions today, I know I know, I probably should have come up with them BEFORE the new year literally no-one said I had to do that, why am I justifying myself NO ONE READS THIS BLOG DJSHFKLS. I wasn't actually going to make resolutions this year as I never actually keep them, but in the end, here they are:

- Travel to new places. That’s… so vague and also completely out of my hands and up to my parents since I was fourteen and had no bank account
- Make new friends 
- Take up jogging I can’t remember if I did this or not? I did take up jogging at some point I can’t remember if it was 2017
- Write more 
- Help around the house more
- Maybe try a sport or something I've never done before.

I probably won't do like half of those things, but never mind. I'll try. Wow such an optimistic attitude

One of my resolutions was actually to start a blog, but I started it before the new year so I guess it doesn't count.

I guess the Christmas holidays are nearly over. My dad's going back to work tomorrow. Why was my writing style so dry back then I'm home schooled, so no going back to school for me, but I AM going to have to go back to studying possibly this week, and I have a LOT to study believe me. I'm taking my English language and Spanish GCSE exams this year in May-June and I still have a lot to learn. Plus I'm taking my Maths exam the following year and there is so much I still have to study, and I'm REALLY bad at maths take me back to when this was the most stressful thing coming up in my future PLEASE. At least I've had a pretty relaxing Christmas so now I'm relaxed and I can go back to studying hard.

My parents and I are going to go shopping now, actually to get some jogging stuff so I can fulfil that particular resolution. Oh okay, so I guess I did start jogging in 2017 then?? What is memory

Laters,

-IndigoSky



Let me know if you enjoyed reading this?? Because believe me, there's PLENTY more where that came from 😭😭 Also does anyone still read this blog? If so pls comment something, I miss talking to people on here 🥺

> > Andrea 

Comments

  1. Haha, what an amazing idea for a post!! Love it, Andrea! :D It was SO fun to read, I had some laugh! I adore your humour ♥ And yes ofc I read your blogposts!
    I started blogging in January 2017 when I was 13 and... yeah, I feel some cringe while reading posts from that time, too. And I see all those mistakes I made cause my English was not so beautiful then I guess, hahah
    Ann xx
    love-english-by-ann.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank youu!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed reading thisss, it makes me happy it made you laugh 😄💖💖
      Wow you've been blogging a long time too! I guess the fact we cringe when looking back at our old posts is a good thing?? It means we've evolved and gotten better at writing since then 🤣✨

      Delete
  2. I know that feeling too, when I first started blogging I had literally zero followers and I acted like there were a hundred because I said "hello everyone" at the beginning of every post and i was talking to no one. Also, I forgot to grammatically edit my first ever blog posts too...*facepalm* and I blogged for all of 2016-2017 without doing edits until now 2018-present when I decided I was going to edit my posts before actually posting them. XD

    I enjoyed reading this post, Andrea, and I love the fact that one of your posts was reviewing the theatre oppose to the actual movie,
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg XD I feel like cringy first post are a universal experience for bloggers, I doubt I edited my posts very much back then either, whoops... that probably explains the quality...
      I'm so glad you enjoyed reading this!! Thanks for reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  3. Man, my first blog posts were BAD. Although, everybody seems to say that. Maybe It's because you haven't really decided what you want it to be about? I know I didn't.
    This was a really fun post to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That definitely makes sense! There isn't really a "right" way to write a blog so we kind of just make it up as we go along, it takes loads terrible posts to really find your writing voice and a style that works XD
      I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey there, internet denizen and visitor to this blog! I hope you enjoyed reading this post, and if you did, please leave me a comment! They make my day, and I reply to every single one. If you've never commented before, don't be shy! I love making new friends. Just be kind and respectful, please. I possess the power to remove comments; don't make me use it.

Popular posts from this blog

"Sisters": An unfinished free-writing thing, + plus mini life update because I can't bear not talking about myself apparently

"Not Like Other Girls" // Poetry

Interview with a made-up character - NO it's not as insane as it sounds (IT'S EVEN WORSE, RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN)