The Bibliophile Sweater Tag!! ft. a lot of rambling and shrieking and unleashing my inner fangirl (I mean this is the quality content you guys follow me for, right)

Hey peoples!!

I is back, and I is back with a tag!! Exciting, right?? Everyone, let's cheer!!

Me: *cheers*

Everyone else: *doesn't cheer* *stares silently* *thinks "what is wrong with this child"*

Okay, okay, FINE. Be like that. So anyway, I decided to very sneakily and schemingly (that's a real word, hush child) steal the Bibliophile Sweater Tag from Gray Marie @ Writing Is Life! I mean, she did say that she tagged anyone who liked sweaters or autumn, and I like both things, so... I didn't steal it, per se... look I want to feel sneaky okay LEAVE ME ALONE

Anyway, without further ado, let's jump right in!

*jumps right in*


(Cover images copied from Goodreads, idk I feel like this needs to be mentioned, pls don't sue me)





Fuzzy Sweater (A book that is the epitome of comfort):


Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)


So this is the bit where any normal person would pick a fluffy, sweet, lighthearted novel that makes them feel warm and fuzzy inside, and I pick... a pretty damn dark book about a gang of morally-grey young criminals pulling off a heist and fighting their own inner demons. Listen, I don't pretend to be normal, okay? Don't @ me. 

But seriously, I loved this book so, so much when I first read it (the characters are just the best), and quite honestly, more than once since then when I've been feeling down I've picked it up and just re-read some of the most iconic scenes, and it never fails to brighten up my day. I just love it so much 😍😍


Striped Sweater (A book you devoured every line of):


A Thousand Perfect Notes

THIS BOOK WAS SO GOOD. SO GOOD. SO FREAKING GOOD.

Listen, I am very very picky when it comes to writing style?? I've lost count of the number of times I've read a book that everyone seems to love, and ended up not liking it that much because the writing just didn't quite work for me. Well, that didn't happen with this book. I LOVED IT. I loved the writing style so much adhkshfvfdgfh I cannot evenn. It was just beautiful. I genuinely loved every minute.


Ugly Christmas Sweater (A book with a weird cover):

I can't think of any so I'mma just skip this question and hope no-one notices...


Cashmere Sweater (The most expensive book you bought):

Legendary (Caraval, #2)

So funny story: I read the first book and I was desperate for the second so I went out to buy it because they didn't have it at my local library and I got to the bookshop and I realised that it was still in hardcover and cost like £20 and for like 0.5 seconds I considered not buying it and waiting for it to be out in paperback but then I decided nO wAy and bought it. And that's how I ended up spending £20 from a Waterstone's gift card on a single book. (It ended up not being as amazing as I thought it would be, and like... totally not still salty over that, nooo)


Hoodie (Favorite classic book):


Pride and Prejudice

So I dislike classics as a general rule because: bOrInG, but I studied this for English lit last year, and shockingly I quite liked it?! I relate so much to both Elizabeth and Darcy it's not even funny.


Cardigan (A book you bought on impulse):

A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1)

I mean I'd heard that this was good from peeps I follow on Goodreads and I'd been wanting to read it for a while, but when I bought it it was still mostly an impulse buy? I saw it when I was looking for a book to buy the other day, and I read the blurb and saw that it had something to do with both magic and London (two of my favourite things) and I was like "ok this looks good" and I bought it on the spot. (I'm pretty glad I did, it was really good!)


Turtleneck Sweater (A book from your childhood):


Magyk

I read this series when I was about ten and I was absolutely obsessed with it. For real. I remember my Smol Self devouring every book in the series and then being super upset when I finished it and basically spending every single waking hour thinking about this series because I was OBSESSED WITH IT. (Love my obsessive streak!! I'm sure it's absolutely nothing to worry about!!)


Homemade Knitted Sweater (a Book that is Indie published):

Again, I can't think of any right now (I don't think I've ever read any indie published books?!) so I'm just gonna hope no-one notices this is blank...


V-Neck Sweater (A book that did not meet your expectations):


The Scorpio Races

So this is the bit where an angry mob shows up at my house to kill me because it seems that every single person on Goodreads absolutely adores this book except me...

*pokes head from underneath desk* Are they gone? Good. Phew.

Look, I liked it! I really did! I just didn't love it?? I felt that the beginning was too slow, in my opinion; I felt like nothing much was happening and it honestly made me a bit bored. Also I felt like it must have had a deep and philosophical message... but I didn't really get it?? So I get why people love it so much, but I went in with really high expectations and I ended up being a little disappointed.


Argyle Sweater (Book with a unique format):


Whisper to Me


The format was sort of unusual in that it doesn't have proper chapter breaks, anyway I really loved this book and I wanted to add it in somewhere so *shrugs*


Polka-Dot Sweater (A book with well-rounded characters):

 Look I'm tired and I don't want to think up more books, so I'm just going to re-use Six of Crows, A Thousand Perfect Notes, A Darker Shade of Magic and Whisper to Me because those are all very good books with well-rounded characters, so there. *sticks out tongue because I am mature like this* 



So anyway, that's the end of the tag! Since I wasn't actually directly tagged with this, I'm going to leave it open and copy Gray Marie, and say that I tag anyone who likes autumn or sweaters or both. I'd love to read you guys' answers!

Anyway, now it's your turn: have you read any of the books I mentioned, and what did you think of them? What would you answer to any of these questions? What's the best book you've read recently? Talk to me, people!


Stay awesome,


> > > A n d r e a < < <


*runs dramatically into the sunset*

Comments

  1. YES TO WHISPER TO ME AND A THOUSAND PERFECT NOTES!! BOTH OF THOSE BOOKS ARE SO AMAZING.

    Also, it was very stealthy of you to steal this and I enjoyed reading your answers! >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! THEY ARE SO FREAKING GOOD!! I love them so much 😍😂

      Haha, yes I am very stealthy you should all FEAR ME 😏 Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed this! 😊

      Delete
  2. Great idea! Lovely post! To be honest, I haven't heard about any of these books but they seem to be good :) Sadly, I don't think they're available in Poland :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yesss, so many of these are sooo good!! 😄 Aww, that's a shame though... Do you have an e-reader? You might be able to buy them online in e-book format 😊

      Delete
    2. No, I don't but it's a great idea!! :D

      Delete
  3. Schemingly is totally a word. *nods* XD These books all sound really cool! I think I would like to read Six of Crows and A Darker Shade of Magic someday; they sound cool. :-D A great book I've been reading this month is Dracula (the original Dracula), and it's been really fun (and dark) so far. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it totally is 😂 I mean who gets to decide what is and isn't a word anyway?? And yesss, they are really cool! You should definitely read those two, they're amazing 😍
      And ooh Dracula sounds so good! I'd love to read it some day, it sounds so nice and dark 😂

      Delete
  4. I agree with Six of Crows so much! Whenever I reread it, I always feel like I'm being covered in a warm blanket, because it's so comforting to me and feels like home. <3 And I haven't been able to read ATPN yet but I'm so excited to! I've heard the best things about it. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss that's exactly how it feels!! It's the best feeling 😍 ATPN is the best, I really hope you get a chance to read it soon!
      Thank you, and thanks for commenting 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey there, internet denizen and visitor to this blog! I hope you enjoyed reading this post, and if you did, please leave me a comment! They make my day, and I reply to every single one. If you've never commented before, don't be shy! I love making new friends. Just be kind and respectful, please. I possess the power to remove comments; don't make me use it.

Popular posts from this blog

What I Want To Do In Life

"Not Like Other Girls" // Poetry

The Spaceships and Vampires Monthly Writing Challenge: December